Need A Bit Of Help Identifying My Mont Blanc Bp

sammyboy

I've just recieved my first MB - a Meisterstuck 'pix' ballpen £50 of Ebay. I'm fairly certain it's genuine - has the unique serial number (CZ1092359), and 'pix' under the pocket clip which I believe is another anti-counterfeiting measure. From what I've read you can't date an MB from the serial number - is that true, or could I determine where this was initially sold from any part of the number?

What I'm not sure about is exactly what model it is - 144, 146, 149 etc? Seller stated it's not the LeGrand version. Pics below:

post-104253-0-73607200-1369223486_thumb.jpg

post-104253-0-83187000-1369223493_thumb.jpg

post-104253-0-16972400-1369223501_thumb.jpg

post-104253-0-76802300-1369223511_thumb.jpg

Taking it to work this afternoon to give it a proper run out, using this and my Parker 51 actually makes me look forward to paperwork! :P

Edited by sammyboy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sammyboy

• yus2001fr

• orfew

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a n° 164, the ballpen corresponding to the 144 ( or 145).

Montblanc call it also Classique.

Regards

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/petitdauphinzele/midnightblue-1.png

aka Petitdauphinzele

Mb don't use the same numbers for FP's and BP's, or RB's for that matter.

So as 'yus2001fr' says it's a 164 BP that would be a good match for a 144 Classic or a 145 sized FP

(The 161 would be a Le Grand sized BP)

Thanks for the confirmation! I was going to say I'm not so interested in getting a fountain pen, but thanks to this forum and enjoying using my father's old Parker 51 has changed that. It'll be a while before I can afford the 144 or 145 MB fountain pen but will be getting one when I have the money!

In the meantime, I suspect I'll be on the look out for one of those cheap Chinese 'tribute' copies of that pen with a fine nib to go with my 164 :D

Thanks for the confirmation! I was going to say I'm not so interested in getting a fountain pen, but thanks to this forum and enjoying using my father's old Parker 51 has changed that. It'll be a while before I can afford the 144 or 145 MB fountain pen but will be getting one when I have the money!

In the meantime, I suspect I'll be on the look out for one of those cheap Chinese 'tribute' copies of that pen with a fine nib to go with my 164 :D

Please do not buy a fake MB. This only encourages the counterfeiters.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Don't worry, it's a genuine MB! Got all the right markings in the right places and certainly has a feel of quality. Been using it at work and it's a joy to write with, love the Monteverde black refill in it too - though not quite as smooth as the blue MB one that came in the pen (which I can't use at work as we have to use black ink).

Now looking for a Mont Blanc FP to go with it!