The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Need A Bit Of Help Identifying My Mont Blanc Bp

mont blanc ballpoint meisterstuck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sammyboy

sammyboy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:51

I've just recieved my first MB - a Meisterstuck 'pix' ballpen £50 of Ebay. I'm fairly certain it's genuine - has the unique serial number (CZ1092359), and 'pix' under the pocket clip which I believe is another anti-counterfeiting measure. From what I've read you can't date an MB from the serial number - is that true, or could I determine where this was initially sold from any part of the number?

What I'm not sure about is exactly what model it is - 144, 146, 149 etc? Seller stated it's not the LeGrand version.  Pics below:

2013-05-22 10.24.11.jpg

2013-05-22 10.25.04.jpg

2013-05-22 10.25.31.jpg

2013-05-22 10.26.06.jpg

Taking it to work this afternoon to give it a proper run out, using this and my Parker 51 actually makes me look forward to paperwork! :P

Edited by sammyboy, 22 May 2013 - 11:52.

Sponsored Content

#2 yus2001fr

yus2001fr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 13:38

It's a n° 164, the ballpen corresponding to the 144 ( or 145).

Montblanc call it also Classique.

Regards

Posted Image
aka Petitdauphinzele

#3 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:52

Mb don't use the same numbers for FP's and BP's, or RB's for that matter.

So as 'yus2001fr' says it's a 164 BP that would be a good match for a 144 Classic or a 145 sized FP

(The 161 would be a Le Grand sized BP)

#4 sammyboy

sammyboy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 21:29

Thanks for the confirmation! I was going to say I'm not so interested in getting a fountain pen, but thanks to this forum and enjoying using my father's old Parker 51 has changed that. It'll be a while before I can afford the 144 or 145 MB fountain pen but will be getting one when I have the money!

In the meantime, I suspect I'll be on the look out for one of those cheap Chinese 'tribute' copies of that pen with a fine nib to go with my 164 :D

#5 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:21

Thanks for the confirmation! I was going to say I'm not so interested in getting a fountain pen, but thanks to this forum and enjoying using my father's old Parker 51 has changed that. It'll be a while before I can afford the 144 or 145 MB fountain pen but will be getting one when I have the money!

In the meantime, I suspect I'll be on the look out for one of those cheap Chinese 'tribute' copies of that pen with a fine nib to go with my 164 :D

Please do not buy a fake MB. This only encourages the counterfeiters.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#6 sammyboy

sammyboy

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 22:06

Don't worry, it's a genuine MB! Got all the right markings in the right places and certainly has a feel of quality. Been using it at work and it's a joy to write with, love the Monteverde black refill in it too - though not quite as smooth as the blue MB one that came in the pen (which I can't use at work as we have to use black ink).

Now looking for a Mont Blanc FP to go with it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, ballpoint, meisterstuck

Sponsored Content

|