Waterman 512V

Left FPN

Hi,
Admin I hope you do not mind this post. Delete or move if required.
A Waterman 512V, boxed with papers, I was returning to someone via the Post Offices Recorded Signed For 1st Class service has been 'lost' in the postal service. It was very well packaged, double addressed and with return address label also. Inside was a copy of the ebay receipt which also contained both my and the receivers email addresses. So there was/is ample information for Royal Mail to contact either party. Hence I have placed the '' around loss.
The pen cannot be used and is in need of professional repair (new sac and lever). I have emailed most of the UK's recognised repairers.
The pen is a pink, striated, model but it is clearly recognisable by the name J. S. COOKS engraved on the barrel. A picture is attached to assist.
Please, if you do see it in person or on an auction site contact me through FPN
Many thanks
Force
fpn_1368940092__dscn0216.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Truffle Finder

• Gloucesterman

• jem14f

Wow, that is a beautiful looking pen. Hope you find it and get it restored.

Being an optimist, when you get is back, in excellent writing condition, please do a review.

Maybe, there could be a lost and found section here on FPN?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Wow, that is a beautiful looking pen. Hope you find it and get it restored.

Being an optimist, when you get is back, in excellent writing condition, please do a review.

Maybe, there could be a lost and found section here on FPN?

Well yes it may be but to enhance this post,

The boxed pen was sold described as, excellent working condition. Only one picture was shown in the original sale so I asked for more pictures which the seller made excuses as to why he/she was having problems showing them. When they did appear they were not great and conveiniently did not show the engraving, the damage to the lever or the box. I decided to take a gamble which did not pay off. Not only was it not working, it arrived with no packaging protection and the hence box was further damaged...it also reeked of tobacco smoke. It was being returned to said seller for an agreed FULL refund including my expenses. Now I have the hassle of claiming or finding the pen while the seller sits prety with their money. I would rather get it back so that this seller has to pay rather than the Post Office insurance.

Hmmmm, yet more reasons not to believe the seller.

I had a similar situation a few months ago, which I have just reviewed, where Track and Trace showed the pen as not delivered yet the buyer confirmed delivery. Having just checked that pens Track and Trace number again it is still showing up as not delivered some 4 months after despatch

While I have received emails from this latest seller saying it has not yet returned I am wondering if that is the truth and the whole truth. 6 negatives from 20 sales :unsure:

Edited by Force

If by some strange reason it does turn up, then I would be pleased to replace the lever and box for you. There are not many repairers who want to tackle such a job, but if it would help, do send it to me.

Truffle Finder.

• 1 month later...

Well, we are soon entering July and I am still fighting the case.

While I have made a claim on the Post Office they are dragging their heels. So much for 1st Class Recorded insured.

The seller is not replying to the PO's letters and their contact phone number is false (ebay dont want to assist...outside 45 days).

I have emailed the seller but alas nowt doing there also. Probably my negative feedback did not help.

Ahhh well, another learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh well, I have received compensation from the PO....£4 short of all my costs. They paid the price of the pen, postage back to the seller and packaging. They did not see the sellers postage to me as compensatable. So just beware you are not fully covered as they say. I have invoiced the seller the difference but heard nowt. Also her presonal details held by ebay don't pan out and ebay will help no further even though I have 15 years and 100% feedback and she has 3 months and 60%. There's loyalty for you, na all they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• 6 years later...

Bit late for this now, but if anyone has a problem not getting an item via ebay, but have paid via paypal, you can claim via paypal and get your money back via them even if ebay have rejected then case, I had to do this with an £80 Sailor pen.

The sender said he would give a discount on a couple of pens I got from him, he only sent one (so had a tracking number showing delivery).

dont hang around too long, but it can work for you.

Jem