Pininfarina Carbongrafite For Visconti Limited Edition Fountain Pen

Bryant

Pininfarina Carbongrafite,
the first pen designed by Pininfarina for Visconti

Turin, April 24, 2013 – Pininfarina Carbongrafite, the first Pininfarina pen designed for Visconti,
is presented today at Baselworld, the World Watch and Jewelry Show in Basel.

The Pininfarina Carbongrafite is a fountain pen with unique stylistic and technical elements. The
Pininfarina team has created a design whose salient feature is its purity combined with a
successful mix of dynamism and elegant lines. The stylistic work, set off by Visconti’s technical
expertise, has produced an essential article, devoid of any non-functional element, and
equipped with innovative technical solutions that emphasize its pure style. These include the
rotating nib extraction mechanism, which made it possible to eliminate the cap, and the mechanism that is incorporated in the clip.

Other important innovations are the airtight system that opens and closes automatically, the chromium 18
Smartouch tubular nib and the material chosen, unidirectional carbon graphite, which gives the pen
a perfect weight, with overtones of Pininfarina’s automotive activities and a touch of sporty
elegance.
The Pininfarina Carbongrafite will also be available in a rollerball version, and a limited output of
930 fountain pens and 930 rollerball pens will be produced, a reference to 1930, the year that
Pininfarina was founded.
“Pininfarina has developed a unique item for Visconti, in which tradition blends with innovation. The
pen is by definition the means by which thoughts, ideas and projects are expressed. From
tomorrow we will be proud to use the Pininfarina Carbongrafite, an authentic jewel Made in Italy, to
sign our new projects” commented Paolo Pininfarina, Chairman of Pininfarina.
“Visconti and Pininfarina share the same values: creativity, a passion for beauty, and a striving for
innovative solutions. The years of experience that our partner can boast in the field of design,
combined with our sound technical skills and a strong propensity for innovation, have enabled us to
create an object that opens a new chapter in the field of writing implements”, declared Dante Del
Vecchio, Chairman of Visconti.

Visconti Pininfarina Carbongrafite
Limited edition: 930 fountain pens and 930 rollerball pens
Material: Unidirectional carbon graphite
Nib: Chromium 18 Smartouch tubular (EF-F-M-B-ST)
Refill: Visconti rolling ceramic
Loading: Retractable cartridge
Packaging: Retractable carbon graphite

And a few live shots. I will have a prototype soon and take some more pictures as well.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Viscontis/944686_634179943262646_1824091434_n_zpsea21e515.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Viscontis/934016_634179729929334_1323942245_n_zpsd788d204.jpg

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• raging.dragon

• Dj Shift

• WOBentley

This is a Pininfarina/Visconti Tour de force!

I like it very much, innovation and Italian design at its best, shame it is an LE.

I personally don't like it at all, I find it looking rather awkward as refreshing...

Although I can imagine why some people would like it, because it has a high "check me and my gadget" factor.

Lots of live pictures!

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Definitely one I'd have to have in my little hot hand for a bit before I could form an opinion.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I like the retractable nib and modern design, but...

Not even converter?

Even if a converter fits, cleaning ink out of the gaps between barrel and trim near the nib would be an unpleasant chore. Inky fingers would probably be the result of dipping the pen into an ink bottle.

I personally don't like it at all, I find it looking rather awkward as refreshing...

Although I can imagine why some people would like it, because it has a high "check me and my gadget" factor.

And some people will also like the design and not care about attracting attention.

I actually really like the retro font and all the screws it's very 50's-ish to me and I would love to get one if I only had a few hundred more bucks.

Of course it's expensive and at the moment quite out of my league, but I like it a lot. I handled it, it is unexpectedly light. Also, I like the Smartouch nib, I find it quite fitting this technology receptacle :)

I like the retractable nib and modern design, but...

Even if a converter fits, cleaning ink out of the gaps between barrel and trim near the nib would be an unpleasant chore. Inky fingers would probably be the result of dipping the pen into an ink bottle.

IF a converter fits, you could use the "mosquito" filling device and would not have the trouble of cleaning the gills.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

And some people will also like the design and not care about attracting attention.

When reading your comment, I feel I put it wrong the first time.

What I mean to say is: "There is going to be a number of people who like it for the attention factor", not that everyone who buys this pen is one of those.

I like the innovation Visconti puts into the pen world, I own several of their pens, and absolutely love them. But this one is just one step too far away from what I seek in a fountain pen for me :)

Ok, let's see, what we have:

- uniderectional carbon - looks cool, might also handle good...

- retractable nib - seen before...

- movement by turning the tube - seen before...

- Smartouch Tubular nib - why the hell don't they use the mosquito filling system? Even while most of the future owners would destroy the pen that way, because most of them even don't know the standard piston system...

- I am damn sure, the rollerball will sell much better then the fountain pen...

Conclusion: cool pen, will be damn expensive and will find it's new owners...

PS: if someone needs a similar pen, I think about selling my Stipula DaVinci carbon with the T-Flex-nib... I think we can agree about a lower price... ;)

Edited by Tombstone

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, designed by a car studio... and it looks like an exhaust pipe. The one innovation I like the look of here is a VP-style pen with something like a 'proper' sized nib. But it seems to have been accidentally priced at the same level as an actual car!

I like it personally...if any are available at clearance prices later I may well be your guy.

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg