Stationary Art Online Based In Hong Kong

Blue_Moon

gthrelkeld, I'd go ahead and e-mail them now. Based on their time of day, they should get back with you soon. I e-mailed them to ask if my order went through since I didn't receive an e-mail cofirming that I had set up an account. (The website said that if I didn't receive one in an hour to contact them). This was prior to my initial post in this thread. A few hours later, I received an e-mail back confirming my order and a notice that I was now in their system. This was impressive because their website says they are only open Monday through Friday. I guess someone there is checking e-mails. I wish you the best!

Thanks! I did send them an email yesterday and got a reply today. I happened to buy the last Lamy Safari green that they had in stock. Now I can't wait for it to come in! They seem to have good prices and inexpensive shipping costs so, if it doesn't take forever to get here I may have found a new place to buy pens.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue_Moon

• lovementos

• parnesh

• inotrym

I ordered a Pilot 78g from them a few years ago (my first FP after the Zebra V-301) for a great price, and about $2 to ship. A few months ago I ordered a Pilot Decimo from them for around $135 shipped- the best price I was able to find online. I received both pens in about 1 week, from Hong Kong to the US! I have nothing but praise for Stationery Art. They have unbeatable prices on Japanese and Chinese pens.

They have just announced a clearance sale… I haven't checked many of the items, but they offer for example Pilot Prera for $25!

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/16/k6ic.png

They have just announced a clearance sale… I haven't checked many of the items, but they offer for example Pilot Prera for $25!

Thanks! Was holding off ordering but this is too good to refuse! Have a 823 in Black M nib, a prera Dark brown f nib and a MR black dots in M nib on the way.

Shame they don't stock iroshizuku, will need to source that from elsewhere.

Oh dear - I've just ordered a pink Pilot Decimo with B nib - the last in stock. I wasn't going to buy any more pens for a while as I've already spent my budget. :headsmack:

But I do have a birthday at the end of this month, so I could call it a birthday present to myself. :)

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

The clear Preras are currently $35.00 U.S. at stationeryart.com and the solid colors $25.

Shipping is $5. Ships from Hong Kong. Payment is PayPal.

Free shipping on purchases over $99.

-----------------------------------

I am but a simple caveman

I was told that they're restructuring and decreasing the number of products they carry. I guess that's why they're not restocking FPs and discounting them. Better get it now before they run out!

Just a quick update. I just recieved my first order from them. My pen arrived well wrapped and in good condition. I am impressed with how quick shipping turned out to be. About 11 days from Hong Kong to Texas.

Just a quick update. I just recieved my first order from them. My pen arrived well wrapped and in good condition. I am impressed with how quick shipping turned out to be. About 11 days from Hong Kong to Texas.

Yes, mine was about 10 days to Arizona... I was happy with that.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

I was told that they're restructuring and decreasing the number of products they carry. I guess that's why they're not restocking FPs and discounting them. Better get it now before they run out!

Very sad to hear that. Just got my package - 10 days. It was very well packed and the items were perfect. No problems. Great company!

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

Very sad to hear that. Just got my package - 10 days. It was very well packed and the items were perfect. No problems. Great company!

Likewise. They have a good range but i wished they carried more not less as they have amazing prices and great service. Just got my parcel today. A Pilot 823, prera and mr. Ordered on Sunday, delivered to Melbourne, Australia today.

I have been a customer of stationeryart for a few years now, their prices are fair, but their customer support is sub par. They tend to not answer to emails(Takes longer than 4 days for them to respond) and when you bring it to their attention on their facebook, they tend to just delete your post and ignore your concerns. They also tend to cancel your order if they please and then keep your funds hoping that you forget about it. If you like top of the notch customer support instead of dealing with a headache later on for a few more bucks, avoid stationeryart.

I have been a customer of stationeryart for a few years now, their prices are fair, but their customer support is sub par. They tend to not answer to emails(Takes longer than 4 days for them to respond) and when you bring it to their attention on their facebook, they tend to just delete your post and ignore your concerns. They also tend to cancel your order if they please and then keep your funds hoping that you forget about it. If you like top of the notch customer support instead of dealing with a headache later on for a few more bucks, avoid stationeryart.

I didn't have that experience. I e-mailed shortly after placing my order asking a question and they responded a few hours later - on a Sunday, even. I was very impressed with their service.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

I was surprised as well to hear about this incident.

I don't know how to explain it. Is there any chance that this happened quite some time ago and the company has changed staff and/or director since then?

I was surprised as well to hear about this incident.

I don't know how to explain it. Is there any chance that this happened quite some time ago and the company has changed staff and/or director since then?

This is a recent event and I do not believe they changed directors or staff. Stationery art is fine, as long as you don't encounter any problems with your product. Once you encounter problems or concerns, that is when they start acting shady and stop responding. In the past, I had a problem with a pilot product clogging on second use and contacted stationery art. They told me that there was nothing that they could do and I was so out of luck. I later contacted pilot and they were more then happy to assist me, they even sent me out a new product and a few samples. Now that is what you call top of the line customer support.

Well, if that's the case, you did the right thing to report your experience here.

We need and we want to hear the bad things too.

Disappointing to here they are discontinuing fountain pens. I was wondering why so many things are out of stock. I just discovered them, and placed an order for several pens. They are selling Pilot Petit1 minis for 2 dollars, and the refills for a buck. I figured for that price, I might as well try one out. Or two actually. Along with several other pens. Hope the order works out, its never much fun to struggle with a business from another continent. Looks like mostly good reviews though.

JS

My experience with Stationery Art is quite the opposite. I have ordered four times from them. They have always been prompt in replying to Emails. They ship to third parties at your request regardless of your Paypal address. So sending a gift was no problem. I even had a ship to address I typo I picked up only after order submission. Stationery Art responded rapidly to my Email and corrected my error promptly prior to shipment. I have never experienced a short shipment or cancelled order. Mail via Hong Kong post was prompt for standard mail, and the tracking option for a buck or two more worked just fine for me. Mind-you though; this is only one person's experience...

If you buy a cheap Chinese fountain pen from them for five dollars, don't expect world-class service when the thing doesn't write properly or the nib rusts-out on you. There's really nothing they can do about that.

If you want to save a few bucks and buy a pen worth hundreds of dollars from Stationery Art, that's your call. But I recommend you spend a bit more and buy from a vendor specializing in the sales and service of high-end writing instruments instead.

All that said, I too noticed their fountain pen stock is a bit thin lately, especially in the Pilot 78G area. Let's hope things will change for the better.

Just bought from them for the first time. Quick shipping, well packaged. Getting a reply to a question was a bit slow, but they are a number of time zones away, and in the middle of a sale.

Got myself my first Sailor, a Professional gear with F nib which is really nice. Haven't had time to test the others yet, I'm trying to keep down the number of pens I have inked at any one time. Anyway, I also got a Pilot MR, and a Pilot Prera - and I wonder what it says about what Pilot thinks about my taste in pens that the packaging for the Prera was in pink :-)

Also, some mechanical pencils and a bunch of cheap Chinese FPs.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}