Pelikan M200 Demonstrators

daenghafez

Great collection! I only own the red demo. It is currently inked with Diamine Oxblood. Goes perfectly with it in my opinion. :puddle:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daenghafez

• FPFan

• pajaro

• sargetalon

nice collection!me i just got the clear gt,special edition 2012

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

I have the same 200-series hulk-green (that was good, daenghafez! LOL!) transparent demonstrator fountain pen as well 800-series special edition green transparent demonstrator fountain pen, ballpoint pen, and pencil. I am the original owner of each except for the pencil. I bought the pencil on eBay two or three years ago, and I bought the others from stores when they were released by Pelikan in the 1990's.

Thanks for your kind comment. Congrats for having the green hulk series pen. :D I didnt know that there was a K800 pencil green demo. Mind to share the pencil photos?

nice collection!me i just got the clear gt,special edition 2012

Thanks.

Congratulation on the latest acquisition. How does the pen write?

Didn't even know that a Clear Demo M400 exists.. I mean I have 2 -> New M200, clear threads and the Old M250 (captop ring is black, captop is black not clear)... You're just giving me a headache because you just gave me another pen to hunt down :(

:D

Edited by dduran

Didn't even know that a Clear Demo M400 exists.. I mean I have 2 -> New M200, clear threads and the Old M250 (captop ring is black, captop is black not clear)... You're just giving me a headache because you just gave me another pen to hunt down :(

:D

I have the same headache too.. :P

The M400 clear demo (old style) is indeed baffling as it came with double caprings. IMHO, the old style M400 should come with a single capring. I recall only M200/M250 and M600 (old style) would have the double capring. If you ever found one, who knows you might get a single capring of M400 (old style). :)

• 3 years later...

I didn't know there were that many colors. I saw a cognac for sale and an amethyst. I was about to buy the amethyst, when an anthricite popped up for $85. So I bought that. I also ordered an EF nib in gold plated steel. I am sure I will enjoy this, because it is less odd in appearance than the usual Pelikans I have, like the white tortoise and green stripe M400s.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I didn't know there were that many colors. I saw a cognac for sale and an amethyst. I was about to buy the amethyst, when an anthricite popped up for $85. So I bought that. I also ordered an EF nib in gold plated steel. I am sure I will enjoy this, because it is less odd in appearance than the usual Pelikans I have, like the white tortoise and green stripe M400s.

That's a good deal. Anthracite is harder to get as it was issued quite sometime. My M200 demo collection has since been in stagnant and still missing the last 3 demos.

I have finally after years ordered the M200 in neon green highlighter/fountain pen with double broad nib.

I also have the Amber M205 which was a gift from my God Child from the Fountain Pen Hospital. The M805 demonstrator snuck in to my collection as an impulsive purchase about four years ago at a pen gathering in Toronto.

Edited by Mags

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Pelikan has added a few additional M2xx demos since this thread was started in 2013 and perhaps we'll see another one this year in Smoky Quartz. The M2xx demonstrator has quite an extensive history and may be one of the largest sub collections in the flock...

fpn_1487380618__untitled-1.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Pelikan has added a few additional M2xx demos since this thread was started in 2013 and perhaps we'll see another one this year in Smoky Quartz. The M2xx demonstrator has quite an extensive history and may be one of the largest sub collections in the flock...

fpn_1487380618__untitled-1.jpg

Joshua has the complete collection of the M2xx old & new style demos todate.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Cognac demonstrator easier to see into than the Anthricite?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Is the Cognac demonstrator easier to see into than the Anthricite?

They look about equal to me.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

They look about equal to me.

Thanks.

In case anyone's interested, there's a M400 red demo (M nib) up on ebay right now. There was a red M200 but someone bought it. There's a couple of the dark blue M200 demos still up, though.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

In case anyone's interested, there's a M400 red demo (M nib) up on ebay right now. There was a red M200 but someone bought it. There's a couple of the dark blue M200 demos still up, though.

That's an M200 red demonstrator that somebody upgraded with an M400 nib.

Edited by sargetalon