Waterman Le Man 100 Briar Wood?

glenndiaz

Hi everyone, This is my first post!

I saw this pen in a jewerly and i loved it, the jewerly was closed and couldn't ask for the price.

Someone of you guys has this pen?

Some ideas about the value?

What price for this pen (brand new) is considered a good deal?

I hope someone can help me

Cheers

post-103260-0-50919200-1368232942_thumb.jpg

post-103260-0-83812700-1368232965_thumb.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glenndiaz

• Left FPN

• Xof72000

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed a jewel.

I can't help you with the prize, but oh what a beauty :notworthy1: :puddle:

D.ick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi,

If it was in a jewelry, it was certainly displaid with a price...

... and I can't imagine you managed to get such pictures with a closed shop ... :angry:

Hi,

If it was in a jewelry, it was certainly displaid with a price...

Negative. No price.

... and I can't imagine you managed to get such pictures with a closed shop ... :angry:

The pictures i found it online, chinese page, http://penpenpen.weebly.com/man-100-light-briar-wood.html :angry:

It's quite a nonsense to imagine giving a value to a pen with the pictures of another one ...

Sorry but there are a lot of "1st post members" coming here to get a value of a pen that is put on sale a few times later on the bay ... and I'm not sure it's the purpose here.

The pictures i found it online, chinese page, http://penpenpen.weebly.com/man-100-light-briar-wood.html :angry:

It's quite a nonsense to imagine giving a value to a pen with the pictures of another one ...

Sorry but there are a lot of "1st post members" coming here to get a value of a pen that is put on sale a few times later on the bay ... and I'm not sure it's the purpose here.

I have to agree with X on this.

Now i understand, that's not my intention, i live in Venezuela, a country where almost nobody likes fountain pens, certainly i'm new in this, i started few months ago and has been very dificult to find places where i can buy some pens, and when i find a place, its really really expensive, here in venezuela, a Lamy Safari its about 70$...

Last week i found and old Jewerly and i bought a Waterman L'etalon Brand New for about 70$, i felt really lucky and that made me think that i had to walk a lot in the downtown and see if i have the same luck again... and yesterday i found the Le Man 100 (with the L'etalon was so easy, i googled it and in five minutes i knew a lot of things about the pen) and i started to look in the internet and the only thing i got was the chines web page and This ebay product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WATERMAN-LE-MAN-SPECIALTY-BRIAR-WOOD-FOUNTAIN-PEN-NEW-IN-BOX-MEDIUM-POINT-/130838893629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e769b143d

When i saw the price i almost die, but when i calmed down i decide to investigate a little more, i sent a message to Stephen Brown, and i made this post to see if you guys could help me.

That's pretty much the story, i really respect you all, and wish i could have the opportunity to get whatever i want like you guys in UK, France, Netherlands... the only way i can start my collection is buying what i find... not what i wish.

Im very sorry, i didn't want to give that impression.

My respect to everyone

Cheers

Pd: Sorry for my poor english

I have to agree with X on this.

in some way i agree too, but, everyone starts at zero... there is no ither way...

The pen that is in the picture its exactly the same i saw in the closed jewerly... i dont understand why its nonsense...

Hi Glenndiaz.

Waterman has a few ranges that almost look the same, but with slightly different capbands etc. That makes a huge difference, and for someone with little experience they look the same...

D.ick

Edit: and your l'Etalon is really a very nice pen.

D.

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

OK.

Lesson 1. Never take Monty's prices as a comparison.

Ah, ah ah !!

Of course, first of all !!!

Man 100s are never cheap, don't forget it

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Pens can be cheap or really expensive, it depends when and where you buy them from. Just the other day i got a le man 200 for 55 dollars, way bellow any price i`ve seen online.

Now, the Briar wood version of the le man 100 is very expensive from what i know, but you should be happy if you could get it for say....150 dollars.

L`etalon and le man have great nibs, it`s difficult to find any better on modern, mainstream pens. But i can`t say that le man is better than l`etalon. I sold my l`etalon because it was too heavy and big, and it had a medium nib(i like fine). But aside from that, what a splendid pen. And better built than le man. Even if you can`t get the le man, you shouldn`t feel sorry as long as you like l`etalon.

Being a law-abiding citizen of Romania, i can relate to the OP because i live in a "fountain pen desert" as well, and i know how frustrating it can be :D

Edited by rochester21

Pens can be cheap or really expensive, it depends when and where you buy them from. Just the other day i got a le man 200 for 55 dollars, way bellow any price i`ve seen online.

Now, the Briar wood version of the le man 100 is very expensive from what i know, but you should be happy if you could get it for say....150 dollars.

L`etalon and le man have great nibs, it`s difficult to find any better on modern, mainstream pens. But i can`t say that le man is better than l`etalon. I sold my l`etalon because it was too heavy and big, and it had a medium nib(i like fine). But aside from that, what a splendid pen. And better built than le man. Even if you can`t get the le man, you shouldn`t feel sorry as long as you like l`etalon.

Being a law-abiding citizen of Romania, i can relate to the OP because i live in a "fountain pen desert" as well, and i know how frustrating it can be :D

You wil rarely find someone that sells his man 100 pen for less than 250-300€ unless he is a clueless about the value of his pens. Most of the serious online dealers sell man 100s over 350-450€ according to the version they sell.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 3 years later...

I actually own the pen. It is a Waterman Briarwood. I don't think it is made anymore. It cost about $350 when I purchased it 28 years ago.

It sure is an interesting looking pen. If they reissued it with rhodium instead of gold... I guess I'm describing my new FC ambition pearwood, but still. Although it would probably be very expensive.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell