Parker 41 Replacement Hood/section?

xwingrox

Hello Parker people!

My Parker 41 just developed a leaking hairline crack at the top of hood/section near the threads. Where can I purchase a replacement? I read that Parker 21 Supers use identical parts but that Parker 51 parts will not fit. Is this correct? If I can't find a website that sells 41 parts, I might just bid on 21 Supers on Ebay...

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• icardoth

• xwingrox

• bvanlent

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, yes, the P21S hood is the same as the P41 hood. The possible problem is that the P41 came in a wide range of colours not seen in the P21S. You may be lucky.

Read a bit more about them here: http://www.parkercollector.com/parker41.html

Regards,

Richard.

No.

The standard P21's were quite different pens entirely - take a look here http://www.parkercollector.com/parker21.html , though Tony doesn't show them uncapped, which is where the main differences show. The nib as much larger and has much less curvature to it. The standard P21's are more like the non-Parker P51 hopefuls, where the pen is a standard open nib pen and the section has been extended down over it.

Regards,

Richard.

As Richard said above, normal Parker 21 shells do not fit Super 21s nor 41s. However, the eBay link you provided show what I think are Super 21 shells. Please compare them with another listing from a normal 21 shell: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-21-Fountain-Pen-Shell-Blue-Fountain-Pen-Parts-/121084693660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3135cc9c

• 1 year later...

Hi, All...

I'm hoping this is the appropriate category to be in. I'm looking for the section/aerometric filler for my Parker '41'. It cracked while I was trying to remove the nib and feed. I passed up some '21' parts at the L.A. Show thinking that they might not fit.

Do any of you have the part?

Thanks,

Brian

• 11 months later...

Hi, All...

I'm hoping this is the appropriate category to be in. I'm looking for the section/aerometric filler for my Parker '41'. It cracked while I was trying to remove the nib and feed. I passed up some '21' parts at the L.A. Show thinking that they might not fit.

Do any of you have the part?

Thanks,

Brian

Yes, I have these parts. But you haven't said what color? You would have to match the shell / hood color with the barrel color. Wouldn't you? Also note that the 41 and 21S have the same aerometric filler except that the 41's filler is inscribed 41 while there is no model inscription on the 21S filler.

Khan M. Ilyas