Admin

I thank the admin team very much for the extraordinary effort to resume the Fountain Pen Network.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• pmhudepo

• RMN

• amberleadavis

Many thanks for the efforts in getting FPN up & running again!

You have our gratitude!

Glad to see you back up and running better then ever. I miss the forum and was beginning to display withdrawal symtoms. It was ugly.

But I seem to okay now! Thank again.

cuza

Yay, we're back! :D Thank you, Admin team! It was really weird to not have FPN as part of my daily visits.

I'm writing an online serial thing. It's urban fantasy. And I have no idea how long it's going to run for.

Glad you are back, but the site is horribly slow. I'm sorry to say it but i'm not sure FPN is doing the right things. After introducing paid accounts the site goes down for a week. Upgrades are slow. If FPN thinks it's mature enough to ask for payment they als need to think about availability, you can't expect people to pay for a site that goed down for a week after a software update. But for now i'm glad the site is back.

My thanks as well.

The bits of the site I use regularly all seem to be working fine, and response time (east coast USA) has been good--certainly better than the days before the site went down.

Great job team.

I'm not an FPN addict .... I didn't check the site every ten minutes.... Uh, maybe several times a day, but that's different. -- Thanks FPN and FPNers for being here and I've sure missed all ya'alls. ("All ya'alls is plural for ya'll incase you didn't know).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thank you for fixing our site!

Lurking around in the real world was nowhere near as much fun.

:ninja:

Amazing, patient work! Thank you all for the amazing job that you did, under extremely trying circumstances.

Funding needs for the new system? Can we donate?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.musingcrowdesigns.com'>Musing Crow Designs

Glad FPN is back online! Can't read it on my phone, so had to wait until today.... Wow, look what you've done with the place. Still looking around, getting my bearings.

Nice.

Admins and mods, congrats on getting back up and running!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

So glad to have FPN back! I really missed the board more than I would have imagined. Thank you for your dedication and hard work! :thumbup:

So glad we are back, but sloooooowwwww!

:wub: :yikes:

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Slow?????? You must have missed the really slow time. It's screaming fast to me right now. Also you may need to clear your cache to get rid of old FPN stuff!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I'd like to add my thanks to the rebuilding team. Great work! You never miss the water till the well runs dry! Glad to be back and able to slake my thirst.

Edited by pakeo

"I need more pens."

- Paul

Many thanks to all of you who worked so hard to fix our site. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

Enjoy your pens and inks.

Don

+1 (and then some) to what others have said already. :notworthy1:

I had no idea just how utterly addicted I was to this site and the amazing information, advice, and assistance I have gotten over the past year and a quarter until it was down. Not to mention the comaraderie from kindred souls that I feel that I know in spirit, if not actually in person.

I can barely imagine the amount of effort the admin people exerted in order to get things ported, fixed, rebuilt, and tested -- and I'm *married* to a software developer. It was an extraordinary undertaking and we, the beneficiaries of all your sleepless nights the past couple of weeks are in your debt.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."