Fpn Inks, Second Round, Part Two

Admin

*BUMP* ;)

Thanks.

I was looking for this a couple of months ago when I came back to FPN. I'd thought that the ink offer was not being done anymore.

I've just sent an E-mail for two bottles of the FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue (VGSN) ink. I hope I can get them :rolleyes: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• MadamePendemonia

• rmullins

Not at the moment.

We are checking our possibilities regarding getting more ink, but don't expect any till next year.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Not at the moment.

We are checking our possibilities regarding getting more ink, but don't expect any till next year.

Warm regards, Wim

Good to know. I wasn't around for the first of this, and wasn't fast enough for the second round last winter. Keeping my eyes peeled (and fingers crossed) for the next go-round of these. Although I'm really glad that I wasn't ordering ink a week ago, when the *high* temperature here in Pittsburgh was 12 degrees F (windchill making it feel like 2 degrees). I was out for ten minutes putting a bit more ice melt down on the bottom part of my driveway (which slopes) and on the sidewalk (we have a lot of frontage; also a pretty annoyingly pro-active code enforcement offficer in our town, who likes to cite people -- not to mention possibly litigious neighbors...). And had bundled up pretty well, except for my hands (only *one* pair of gloves, and not owning any mittens) -- and came back in after those ten minutes worrying about frostbite in my fingers! :yikes: And these were were leather, fleece-lined gloves with the Thinsulite layer in them!

I was *really* happy I wasn't expecting any pens or inks at that point.... And winter doesn't actually *officially* begin till tomorrow. :wallbash: But I'm already sick of it.

Of course this weekend they're talking 60s.... So huge amounts of rain, but the snow from last week has largely melted. So instead of wrecking my back shoveling, I get to wreck my back emptying buckets in my attic under the leaks in my roof. :wacko:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Just noticed the change in "level" on my Avatar -- this is apparently my 3000th post! (Kinda appropriate, since I originally found my way here while looking for ink in colors other than Parker Quink Blue or Black in cartridges.... :sm_cat:)

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When does this happen each year? Is it the same colors each year or will they be new ones?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

When does this happen each year? Is it the same colors each year or will they be new ones?

The ink colors are the same, and ones that were developed by Nathan at Noodler's Ink for FPN exclusives:

Galileo Manuscript Brown (bulletproof)

Dumas Tulipe Noire (standard ink)

Van Gogh Starry Night Blue (standard ink)

The ink orders happen when there are enough orders for a full shipment (144 bottles per color), I believe, and therefore not at any specific time of year. With only one Admin, it may be a while, as the Admins are the ones who take possession and make distribution of the ink.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Gave away my last full bottle of Starry Night Blue for Christmas and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I will be sending my email and look forward to having new bottles of all 3 inks.

Thanks to the admins and moderators who serve us tirelessly and well in a (mostly) thankless task.

Best wishes from me to y'all!

• 1 month later...

No news yet, sorry.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm reading this thread correctly, These inks may become available for sale again, once enough people sign up and time permits for the coordination?

If so I'm in for a set, possibly two.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sending an email now, I'd love a set!

"Feri ando payi sitsholpe te nauyas" -- Lovara saying

“She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows, and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.” Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

Sending an email now, I'd love a set!

You may have to wait a while.

Nice avatar, by the way..... who is she?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Eh, waiting isn't a problem. I'll probably forget that I sent the email and when they do become ready and I get that invoice, it'll be a lovely surprise!

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, that's Mata Hari.

“She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows, and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.” Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell

Ah, Margaretha Zelle, one of my (in)famous countrywomen.....

A dangerous woman...Interesting choice.... Any reflection on your person....? ;)

Perhaps they should call an ink after her... Invisible, perhaps...

D.ick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

A line of dangerous/infamous ladies inks...I LOVE IT!! As for your question, I can neither confirm nor deny any relation, implication, or association. ;)

There appears to be a problem with contacting the supplier of our inks.

We actually do stock these inks, so we should, under normal conditions, be able to supply them on demand.

Once we do know more about availablity, we will start a new topic here.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman