Bb Nib - For Everyday Writiing?

jbriley3

Thank you Adim and DrPenfection I appreciate all the recommendations. I purchased MB in Royal Blue it is indeed more expensive but I want to try MB ink. I am saving money to buy a 149 MB. I listed my MB ballpoint brand new in Red Gold and I also have a new MB rollerball that I am probably going to sell to get the 149. It’s life changing for me when one of my friend let me borrowed his 146 for a week. With the evolution of technology where people are using Phone which I constantly utilize. Nothing wii replace the joy of writing your agenda/meetings/thoughts. Now I still utilize technology but looking forward everyday to plan for the next day with my planner.

Any suggestions on a good paper planner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• DrDebG

• jslallar

I got a 149 BB this year. I find it a great daily writer. I do not

fill out forms regularly but do journal. I find it about the same as my 1.1 Goulet nib in a Jinhao 159 which I use for travel with cartridges which I use for notes.

Thank you Adim and DrPenfection I appreciate all the recommendations. I purchased MB in Royal Blue it is indeed more expensive but I want to try MB ink. I am saving money to buy a 149 MB. I listed my MB ballpoint brand new in Red Gold and I also have a new MB rollerball that I am probably going to sell to get the 149. It’s life changing for me when one of my friend let me borrowed his 146 for a week. With the evolution of technology where people are using Phone which I constantly utilize. Nothing wii replace the joy of writing your agenda/meetings/thoughts. Now I still utilize technology but looking forward everyday to plan for the next day with my planner.

Any suggestions on a good paper planner.

Good choice of ink!

There are many very good planners out there. Many like the Hobinichi Technos for the Tomoe River paper. Others prefer to make their own and use Seven Seas journals, or Bond journals available on Amazon - also Tomoe River paper. I don't use a planner per se. I use the Midori MD notebook and use if for daily planning and journaling and as an accompaniment to my iPhone calendar which both my assistant and I keep. I am not a "bullet" journal person. My style of keeping track of what I need to do and what I am doing is pretty free form.

Check out the Paper forum here. There are some great suggestions and ideas.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Thank you Zaddick, Ghost Plane, Tom K, and John-XXII.

I have been collecting 149's in XXF, XF, and F (all used). Last week I finally purchased my first new in box 149 XF. Now I am having buyers remorse...especially after seeing Tom's writing. I should have purchased a B or BB.

~ JesusNeverTappedOut:

Thank you for your very kind comment.

A BB nib on a 149 is pure writing luxury.

The wide nib face makes possible expressive handwriting.

The shading of high quality inks from a BB nib is a special joy.

I own and daily write with EEF, EF and OF nibs.

However, for writing which benefit from enhanced expressive qualities, a BB nib is an outstanding choice.

Tom K.

I came late to the BB world via a cheap Montblanc 32 (I think that is the model) and it was a revelation at the time. I'd tried a BB in a store and was impressed and the thought lingered until I bought one. Since then I changed a WE to a BB and a 149 to a BB, bought a 146 BB and opted for a BB on a Blue Hour. The only disappointment in all of them was the WE (Dostoyevsky) which has a nib of such soft gold that it can be ink fussy - this revealed itself over time rather than immediately. I think the firmer nibs make better BB's and highlight the stubbish aspect better. Nevertheless, I regret none of them and any MB that I may purchase into the future will ion all likelihood be BB nibs. They're an absolute joy.