Phileas Phever

Left FPN

I love the above chatter

You mention the recent e bay price of about # 18 pounds , but did you notice the number of bids necessary to achieve the high bib

Well 40 bids OMG imagine the fury at the end.

E bay buyers are so prudent , no even a $ 1.00 per bid, yikes

Good to see that the Phileas still have a following

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• pajaro

• TwelveDrawings

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to keep a good pen down.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

When is a Phileas not a Phileas...when it has a 2 tone nib, a double ring cap, a cigar band (non standard) but it's not one of the set colours. This is one of the Kultur Green Marbles.

post-42786-0-24261300-1529998283_thumb.jpg

post-42786-0-94713900-1529998351_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Force,

my Parker Sonnets made in the UK all have a breather hole in the caps too- apparently just in case if a child swallow the cap and it lodges in the trachea they will survive, apparently it really did happen with the top of a BIC pen. Some people wax in the breather hole because it doe dry out faster.

I glad you are in the UK and I am in Australia- I would never get a bargain here with you around!

Though Phileas aren't cheap here, but todaythere is a new benchmark on Australia Ebay for a Phileas set

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATERMAN-PARIS-RED-MARBLE-FOUNTAIN-PEN-BALL-POINT-PEN-SET-/371732092025?hash=item568cf59479:g:B0cAAOSw8oFX0qBS

241 USD or about 328 AUD or 194 pounds!!

Unbelieveable when there is a Man 100 listed for half that!

Yeah, that's cheap. Try living in Portugal.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterman-Kultur-Phileas-Translucent-Green-Ballpoint-New-In-Box/273341979880?hash=item3fa4739ce8:g:u0MAAOSwc-tY74E4

And it's not even Phileas

.........or a fountain pen!

• 4 weeks later...

I love writing with my Phileas. I bought one years ago shortly after they went out of production. I bought a couple more, telling myself that I should have spare parts for the first one. Then every time one came up at the right price, I bought it. Now I have a whole bunch of them. If I ever had to start selling my Pen Collection, i’d Still keep one Phileas before finding the others a good home.

Good music is good music and stands the test of time. Pens like the Phileas are always sought after.

If you keep spare parts, keep sections. I have had a couple leak.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Me too. I keep mine in a large wooden case with several drawers, and I've had two Phileas pen sections come out of there cracked.

They have been replaced with black Kultur sections despite the fact that it can be slightly awkward to remove and replace the steel section bands with the Phileas GP versions.

I don't particularly look for them because I have enough Phileas pens at the moment. However, I see them from time to time, and it is usually the nibs that are a concern. I even saw one recently that looked like it had a corroded hole in it. :o

On the other hand I would still like a grey (Indus??) as I don't have one of those. Nor do I have a purple one.

I’d love to have the Indus also. I only have the Phileas in Amazon Green.

Posted Image

Me too. I keep mine in a large wooden case with several drawers, and I've had two Phileas pen sections come out of there cracked.

They have been replaced with black Kultur sections despite the fact that it can be slightly awkward to remove and replace the steel section bands with the Phileas GP versions.

Thanks pajama and Chrissy. Good to know about the cracking. I have mine in a big ten drawer wooden chest. I guess I’ll have to keep an eye on them. I do have spare sections but so far the original equipment is working fine.

Voy riendo.

I think these pens are gaudy, but somehow I can't resist using the ones I have.

Edited by pajaro

• 3 weeks later...

Voy riendo.

I think these pens are gaudy, but somehow I can't resist using the ones I have.

Exactly the way I feel about them.

Thanks pajama and Chrissy. Good to know about the cracking. I have mine in a big ten drawer wooden chest. I guess I’ll have to keep an eye on them. I do have spare sections but so far the original equipment is working fine.

By the way Pajaro, I did not write your name as pajama. My iPad did it. Sorry for not catching it.

By the way Pajaro, I did not write your name as pajama. My iPad did it. Sorry for not catching it.

I figured something like that. Pajaro means bird in Spanish. When I chose a logon name there were cardinals flying around the back yard. Spanish major in college.

• 1 month later...

Very pretty. Save on. You'll need it.