Phileas Phever

Left FPN

It never ceases to amaze me how many sellers still don't seem to know that there is so much more to lose now by adding P&P on separately, and not including all of fees and other charges within the start price or Buy it Now price.

They must be quite happy to get a 1 star rating for P&P then find they no longer get their free 20 listings per month. :unsure:

TRue, in my case the pen was up for BIN with offers. I made an offer which the seller accepted. Seller then posted it cheaper than advertised price to counterbalance the difference in sale price. I paid €16 he posted it for €4

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• pajaro

• TwelveDrawings

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to put this in Chuckle but decided here is better.

It did produce a chuckle....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Seller then posted it cheaper than advertised price to counterbalance the difference in sale price. I paid €16 he posted it for €4

:yikes: OMG Have you asked for a partial refund of the excess? In fact, I would probably open a case and tell ebay about that. It's not acceptable.

:yikes: OMG Have you asked for a partial refund of the excess? In fact, I would probably open a case and tell ebay about that. It's not acceptable.

No I did not bother. Had the pen been poor maybe, but is was good. I just left neutral feedback which the seller was unhappy with.

• 2 months later...

Yet another PP, in Amazon Green, dropped through my letter box today. It has a few very minor marks but at £40, when you consider the prices being paid, it's still a good deal. The fine nib is corrosion free.

ohhh, I must also mention, the price included this mint Mk2 Laureat Red pencil, a deluxe box and 7 Waterman long cartridges.

I am still amazed by the prices these fetch.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

That pencil looks like a Laureat II. I have a red pen in that pattern. Very pretty pencil.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

That pencil looks like a Laureat II. I have a red pen in that pattern. Very pretty pencil.

Yes, it's the V2 and very good quality. Waterman catalogues term the colour/pattern Red. Alone they seem to be selling for £50+.

How common are Bold/Large nibs?

Is there a threat or a collector site or a picture of a Waterman catalogue which lists all the Kultur variant?

Is it ok to post that in the Phileas thread or should I set up a separate Krazy for Kultur?

I was gifted a Blue Marble Phileas and two Kultur from France and I bought more Blue Marble when they went on sale in the U.S.

The Kulturs are Fine and the Phileas Medium, but now I prefer Bold/Larges nibs, thanks to Lamy.

Is it possible to find separate sections with Bold Nibs for both the Phileas and the Kultur?

Edited by Anne-Sophie

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

A: Fairly common.

Is there a threat or a collector site or a picture of a Waterman catalogue which lists all the Kultur variant?

A: Not seen one.

Is it ok to post that in the Phileas thread or should I set up a separate Krazy for Kultur?

A: Search Waterman Forum for Kultur Klub

I was gifted a Blue Marble Phileas and two Kultur from France and I bought more Blue Marble when they went on sale in the U.S.

The Kulturs are Fine and the Phileas Medium, but now I prefer Bold/Larges nibs, thanks to Lamy.

Is it possible to find separate sections with Bold Nibs for both the Phileas and the Kultur?

A: Battersea Pen Home in the UK were selling Broads in large quantities on ebay but they appear to have now sold out.

I bought a Phileas section from Newell Rubbermaid some time back. I don't remember if it came with a nib, but I think it did, because I think I specified a fine nib. I think it was under $35 shipped.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

I bought a Phileas section from Newell Rubbermaid some time back. I don't remember if it came with a nib, but I think it did, because I think I specified a fine nib. I think it was under $35 shipped.

I recall you mentioning that you could buy them from NR in the States. Either just prior to or after I approached NR in the UK and was told they no longer had Phileas parts.

So when good example complete pens appear at reasonable prices, £35, I still snap them up.

If there is a pen you like to use or you like to collect while keeping it working, it is a good idea to get spares at favorable prices. I have found some of these pens to have cracks in the section, so spare pens to keep a favorite pen working make sense. No doubt the NR parts in the US will dry up soon if they haven't already.

I took this to an extreme by buying up Parker 51s in the 80s and 90s, and had a box full, plus some NOS pens. When nothing ever happened to my first 51, I started trading and selling the extras. Fortunately the 51 prices were a lot less when I was accumulating them. Buying low priced Waterman pens could turn out to be a good speculation, because the prices seem to be going up. Having a collection with duplicates is enjoyable. You can sometimes find variations in color and you can upgrade condition. You might even paint some of them in interesting colors in cases where there were nicks or scratches in the finish.

Buying low priced Waterman pens could turn out to be a good speculation, because the prices seem to be going up.

My very first post on this topic was tongue in cheek ref the Pension Pot but when you consider the poor savings rates over the last years, around 0.1%, maybe it has proven right. You only have to buy one for £30 and sell it for £40 (less fees = £36) and you have made 5%. The sale price is not greedy and remains tempting for a buyer.

Least we forget many RR 52's bought for $8/$10 now sell for $100/$200 and some (#8's) much more. OK the Phili is not in the same class but it's still a nice pen non the less.

A: Fairly common.

A: Not seen one.

A: Search Waterman Forum for Kultur Klub

A: Battersea Pen Home in the UK were selling Broads in large quantities on ebay but they appear to have now sold out.

Thank you Force, for the thread and your enlighten responses, greatly appreciated!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I wonder why they called it a 378?

But then I often simply do stand amazed at items for sale over there.

I wonder why they called it a 378?

But then I often simply do stand amazed at items for sale over there.

Googling I find that Pete Waterman (of Stock, Aitkin and Waterman) lived at 378 Deansgate, London.

Naaaa, just coincidence surely.

Well, these are good pens. A couple that I have actually stay moist from day to day, just like my Montblanc 144s and Parker 51s. That makes those Phileas pens just as valuable to me. Nice size. No hassle writing. I shouldn't be surprised if the Phileas sells in the same range.