Phileas Phever

Left FPN

It was a "Buy It Now" and I took Now literally.

:D

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• pajaro

• TwelveDrawings

• JonSzanto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks to be a good opportunity for someone seeking several pens.

Hopefully no harm in posting the auction number, my apologies if it is. I am not affiliated with the seller.

Cost almost $25 each. Unknown nibs. Phever has subsided for me, but depending on condition, not bad.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Just about unbelievable. I was once so foolish as to pay over eighty dollars US for a red marbled one that I found on receipt to be a revolting color pattern. C'est la vie.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Hmmm He got handsomely rewarded for polishing it up.

It looks absolutely pristine.

Must try that as well!

D.ick

~

~

The very much dried out cartridges in my set are 2 x black, 1 x South Sea Blue, 1 x Red and 1 x Green.

Okay; thanks. The two she thought were a dark blue I thought might be black before I asked her, and the rest line up. Mine are about half transpired, so usable with water added to them.

Use the zoom to look closely at this set.

I can see micro scratches and other marks.

MINT condition, totally free from blemishes...I don't think so.

Use the zoom to look closely at this set.

I can see micro scratches and other marks.

MINT condition, totally free from blemishes...I don't think so.

The set looks fairly used with scratches I wouldn't want on my pens. This is more than just drawer wear.

This set is also that disgusting red color that made me think of a bloody mess.

My red disgusting pen makes me a bit nauseated when I look at it.

And, as luck would have it, I came home from work, trolled the new listings on eBay, and found a BIN little-used Phileas for $25.00. Easier than trying to fix a split section!

Pen arrived today. Very light use marks, no corrosion on the nib, pristine box, unused converter tucked in the underneath along with booklet. The seller even helpfully installed a new cartridge. :) A very good find that will eventually end up in a new home.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Pen arrived today. Very light use marks, no corrosion on the nib, pristine box, unused converter tucked in the underneath along with booklet. The seller even helpfully installed a new cartridge. :) A very good find that will eventually end up in a new home.

It sounds really interesting. What colour is it?

It sounds really interesting. What colour is it?

Oh, it isn't interesting,per se, just in pretty good condition and a modest price. It is one of the boring old black models, but I'll take it. Or someone else will, eventually.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Black is nice. Mohnblah likes it quite well. I think the Phileas is about the same size as my MB 146 but the Phileas is much less expensive and about as nice. Similar size to MB, light like my 146 and no annoying screw-off cap. A win-win.

A really beautiful pen! Wonderful blue color!

Another for the pension scheme, Force?

D.ick

~

~