#601 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 15:07

Hi Chrissy, no I have only used it on the Danube Blue (above) and a recently purchased RR 52.

#602 Chrissy

Chrissy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,603 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 15:09

Hi Chrissy, no I have only used it on the Danube Blue (above) and a recently purchased RR 52.

Is it specifically the new one for plastics, or the original version?

#603 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 4,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 15:14

The spray I have came from Les Smith and is called Low Gloss Protectant. Product Number 10017EN. It's for Vinyl, Rubber and Plastic. It must be old because Les Smith went out of business what 10 or even 15 years ago. I do not spray it onto the pens, but onto a cotton cloth and then apply it.

#604 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 4,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:59

They can be found for small $$$$

That did not take long...

Edited by Force, 30 March 2015 - 05:58.

#605 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 4,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:02

I was going to drop this into a Chuckle a Day but decided to go for this topic.

Here

I have had dealings with this seller when I first set foot into Carene world. I was very SEA Green (pun intended) back then and paid a handsome sum for one that I later learned could be had for very much less BUT they seem to keep coming up with some very old stock. They even have Phileas RB's and pencils in some of the first range colours. The strange thing was I was looking at their red RB early this morning thinking I wonder if they have any Phileas FP's when this popped up.

As for the Amazon Green (no it's not Marble Green)...that's about twice the price I would expect to pay find a mint one for.

Edited by Force, 01 May 2015 - 05:07.

#606 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,872 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:51

That is one of the pricey sellers.  Other stuff I have been looking for I found from them for about twice a reasonable price.  But you can get interesting items.  If you want something to complete a collection of Phileas or whatever, you might want to pay that price rather than spend the time looking for a better price.  I'm not much interested in buying pens any more, having more of Phileas, Laureat and Carene, not to mention Sonnet, Esterbrook, Lamy et alia than I have any use for.  Waiting on a black GT Carene barrel to make a Carene desk pen.  Caps don't post well on them, so to heck with the cap. 

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

#607 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:30

But what is the fuss about? By the magic of cut and paste, the eBay advertisement tell us the pen sells at a uniquely affordable price. Or is that the Chuckle for This Day?

#608 Force

Force

Fergus

• Member - Gold

• 4,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:52

But what is the fuss about? By the magic of cut and paste, the eBay advertisement tell us the pen sells at a uniquely affordable price. Or is that the Chuckle for This Day?

I would say £50 tops for a mint Phileas is reasonable and they can be found for that...but you have to be patient and sometimes quick.

[Sponsored Content]