The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The changes to FPN: what do they mean?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#41 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,083 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2014 - 21:48

They are for a single, visible donation to FPN up where it says "Support FPN"

Iridium Supporter (Gold Members only): ir-menu-opt-02.png

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

Sponsored Content

#42 Winchester

Winchester

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:26

I dunno if this is the right place to ask this but I wish the search function showed its results in a plain new page instead of a modal popup. It's annoying and just gives the impression of style over substance. And its the kinda style that hampers function.

#43 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2014 - 16:25

It is the way the Google search option works, sorry.

You can always select the traditional search method, which will display a new page.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#44 Guillermo

Guillermo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2014 - 19:22

Understood. Sounds only fair for the service you guys and girls are giving to the worldwide community. Thanks for keeping this up.  :)

#45 GUNGA GALUNGA

GUNGA GALUNGA

Extremely Rare

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:52

I joined to promote my hobby, to trade ideas and an occasional fountain pen.

Long ago, I subscribed to a magazine. It turned out to be 75% advertising.
I cancelled.

I am a hardcore capitalist, but it's not the reason I joined. I support these changes.

You will continue to accept voluntary donations, won't you ?

Thank you for professing that you are a hardcore capitalist. I mean that

#46 GUNGA GALUNGA

GUNGA GALUNGA

Extremely Rare

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:57

Dearest Members & Visitors to the Fountain Pen Network,What do the changes to FPN member accounts mean for you?

• If you are a Bronze or Silver Member with no commercial interests: absolutely nothing.
  • If you are a Gold Member with no commercial interests: absolutely nothing, with 1 small exception. You cannot post unlimited numbers of listings in Classifeds anymore, but you wouldn't anyway.
  • If you are a Gold Member with commercial (or other) interests: you no longer can advertise in high volumes or at high value without a Premium account.
  • Premium accounts come at a price, at 3 different levels, with 3 different sets of extra options, providing the possibility to advertise your business or services right here on FPN in a variety of ways. The latter was not possible before.
Who can purchase a Premium Account?Silver and Gold Members only. These accounts are upgradable as well, from one to the other. Do note that purchasing a Premium account is a commitment for a full year and that there is no refund option.Why these changes?We need funding to keep FPN running, and hopefully growing. FPN is run by volunteers, but there are certain costs which cannot be avoided, such as hosting, licensing, support and accounting costs. In order to find out more, please read any of the relevant News items, click on the links in the Side Bar, or in the bar at the top of each page.Kind regards,The FPN Admin Team
Had I not have been suspended for giving my views on the PIF, I would have already sent you the 360 for the highest yearly account
But I don't know who next is gonna get mad at my conservative views. It's gonna be awhile before I give a dime

#47 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:36

Had I not have been suspended for giving my views on the PIF, I would have already sent you the 360 for the highest yearly account
But I don't know who next is gonna get mad at my conservative views. It's gonna be awhile before I give a dime

I'm not sure what to think about this reply.

A few remarks.

If you like this forum, want to keep it going, and can spare some money, you donate some, or become a premium member. You don't have to.

About people getting mad at your remarks: I have not read them, so I do not know if that suspension was justified. And now in retrospect I do not want to know.

But this forum is about a hobby for most of us. For some it is their profession. The object of this forum is to have the hobbyists enjoy their hobby.

So the rules are set so people can enjoy this forum without being confronted with unpleasant posts.

It is no problem if you find someone an A-hole. But you can't say it on this forum.

It is no problem if you have conservative views, but if they have nothing to do with fountainpens, do not vent them here. Same goes for left-wing, religious, race-related or sexual opinions.

And if it does have something to do with fountainpens, write in such a way as not to hurt someones feelings. And remember that we are a global community. What you find acceptable language, someone across the globe might be offended. by (sometimes because they are not native speakers and do not understand a pun or joke)

There have been members who like to have a strong discussion and did not find the possibilities for that here in this forum. They went elsewhere, and have opened another forum where it is okay to jeer and whine etc. Nice for them.

But if they come here they should "behave".

If you feel at home in this environment, enjoy yourself here.

Greetings, D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#48 theverdictis

theverdictis

TVI

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 18:50

I can't complain with anything here. I come here for the posts, not for the sales.

Snap!

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

Sponsored Content

|