The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker 51 Demi Vac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudowned

sudowned

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:17

Posted Image

As I touched on in the handwritten portion, I really had no idea that I was getting this pen! I was expecting a junker with part of the feed missing (seriously) and paid $20 for the pleasure, but what I received was a luscious little Demi that, though clogged, only needed about 20 minutes of flushing and shaking before it opened up and started writing the smoothest lines I've ever put down (except for one night a month ago when my Lamy Safari and I stayed in the sweet spot of its stub italic nib for almost two hours straight.)

Absolutely blown away. I think I would be even if I'd paid a hundred bucks. Now I still need a replacement nib and hood for my half-ruined forest green 51, though!

Unexpectedly, this beaut's become the star of my desk - and I can't stop finding excuses to write on paper instead of type since I got it earlier today. I think I'll have to send my broad-nib black 51 to Pendleton for a Pendleton Point treatment - otherwise I may never use it again!

Ink is Parker Quink, though there are dissolved solids from the pen's legacy fill! I find that once flushing stops yielding significant ink, the best thing for a cloggy pen is to ink 'er up and go to town!

Edited by sudowned, 06 April 2013 - 06:19.

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 00:24

(except for one night a month ago when my Lamy Safari and I stayed in the sweet spot of its stub italic nib for almost two hours straight.)

:roflmho:

Thanks for the review. :P

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 22:03

congrats for this purchase,you were lucky!
just can you give a transciption of what is written as i can't read all of it sorry :embarrassed_smile:
A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Sponsored Content

|