The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Konrad

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:17

I found this pen in a box of ink. ;)
So I have no clue where to find one or how much they are. :)

Posted Image

Opened up. Filled with Noodler's Blue. It's been in there for about two months and still writes when I put it to paper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this? Honestly the smoothest best writing Noodler's pen I've ever used. Very very impressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 17,629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:54

I keep looking at the ebonite Konrads, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $20 price over a regular resin body one. Although the green mottled ebonite one was sure nice looking.
Fortunately, for me, they're out of stock at the Goulets at the moment.... :rolleyes: So, for the time being, it's a moot point.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: I will say that I like the regular Konrads a whole bunch, and definitely want to get another one to replace the one I lost last fall.

Edited by inkstainedruth, 06 April 2013 - 04:57.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 djpyle

djpyle

Writer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:07

That looks awesome. I didn't realize they made one with a black cap and blind cap. I wish I'd gotten an ebonite Konrad when they were available. I hope they'll release more of them someday.

#4 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 13:43

That is the only ebonite Konrad that I have seen with the black ebonite mixed with the swirled. Most are all the same material. That is a lovely pen.

#5 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 14:03

Cool! I didn't know it was unique. :)

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#6 terminal

terminal

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:03

I keep looking at the ebonite Konrads, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $20 price over a regular resin body one. Although the green mottled ebonite one was sure nice looking.
Fortunately, for me, they're out of stock at the Goulets at the moment.... :rolleyes: So, for the time being, it's a moot point.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: I will say that I like the regular Konrads a whole bunch, and definitely want to get another one to replace the one I lost last fall.

Yeah same here... though if you watch Brian's video he shows how the ebonite konrad is actually different in other ways then just the material. I think they also may be finished better.
"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

#7 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:11

I don't know about finish compared to the others b/c I haven't handled them, but I will say again that the nib on this is THE BEST Noodler's nib I've ever written with.

#8 coyotewhisper

coyotewhisper

What do you mean you don't have an Esterbrook!

• Member - Gold

• 885 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:15

Beautiful pen color. I was not impressed with the Ahab, reluctant to pay the extra money for the Konard.
God is my Strength.
Brad Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 79spitfire

79spitfire

No the car is NOT painted with Bay State Blue..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:59

Beautiful pen color. I was not impressed with the Ahab, reluctant to pay the extra money for the Konard.

+1
The only difference for me was I have the resin Konrad, and I'm not sure if I want to pay the extra for the same thing in Ebonite. The nib was scratchy on my resin, and I ended up swapping in a Knox nib and No-nonsense feed to make mine usable, which of course cancelled any flex-effect. Very disappointed with the pen, but happy it was adaptable.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!Neko_animated.gif
Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

#10 terminal

terminal

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2013 - 22:52

Yeah same exact story for me. Needless to say, I haven't wanted to sink $40 in to an ebonite one when the resin one was.... disappointing, as you say.
"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

#11 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:41

I have had both, the resin and the ebonite. I actually bought two of the resin pens. I have since given both of them away. The ebonite, on the other, is still in heavy rotation. There have been some reports of quality issues with the ebonites but far less than with the resin pens. When the ebonites are re-stocked I plan to buy at least one more.

Edited by Scribblesoften, 07 April 2013 - 03:41.

#12 Doc Howell

Doc Howell

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:04

I have two of the Noodler's Konrad flex pens. Poseidon Purple filled with Private Reserve Purple Mojo and a California Tortoise with Private Reserve Chocolate. The California needed adjusting, the Poseidon was read to go out of the box. Both are very smooth and lay down a nice wet line. I am immensely pleased and consider it $40 well spent. I fully intend on purchasing an ebonite from Goulet's once they are back in stock. I am also interested in ordering a No. 6 nib from the Goulet's and trying it out in one of the pens.
Doc H.

#13 MrsGouletPens

MrsGouletPens

The Goulet Pen Company

• Member - Gold

• 1,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:22

Cool!! That's definitely a limited edition (the Dixie #10), as featured in Nathan's video from a few months back:

Glad it's been such a great writer for you.

FinalBanner-Transparent-300.jpg

#14 cwent2

cwent2

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:17

I found this pen in a box of ink. ;)
So I have no clue where to find one or how much they are. :)

Posted Image

Opened up. Filled with Noodler's Blue. It's been in there for about two months and still writes when I put it to paper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this? Honestly the smoothest best writing Noodler's pen I've ever used. Very very impressed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Noodler's Konrad Flex Fountain Pen - Dixie #10 Ripple Ebonite (Limited Edition)check goulet pens.com for full specifics

#15 Scribblesoften

Scribblesoften

Retrogrouch

• Member - Gold

• 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 14:50

Does anyone have any word on the release date of the next batch of ebonite Konrads?

#16 ddustinn

ddustinn

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:52

Does anyone have any word on the release date of the next batch of ebonite Konrads?

I'm not really sure, but I think Fountain Pen Hospital still has some in stock.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."
- St. Francis of Assisi
"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."
-Miles Davis
I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

#17 nickapos

nickapos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 18:25

watch_art I wonder how do you manage to use your pen for 2 months without refilling it. My konrad (normal resin version I suppose) needs refilling every three or four days of normal office usage.

I guess that being a semi flex uses more ink than a nail, but still....

Nick Apostolakis
Msc in IT, University of Glasgow
GPG ID: 0xBDF1848D
e-mail: nickapos@oncrete.gr
Web Site: http://nick.oncrete.gr

#18 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 23:44

Nice looking pen! I sprang for a Konrad a month back (Hawaiian Tortoise) and have been very happy. Don't think I will upgrade to the ebonite, but they are pretty to look at.

#19 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 23:57

watch_art I wonder how do you manage to use your pen for 2 months without refilling it. My konrad (normal resin version I suppose) needs refilling every three or four days of normal office usage.

I guess that being a semi flex uses more ink than a nail, but still....

because i don't use it every day.  it never gave a hard start or skipped though...

#20 Bluto Carpaccio

Bluto Carpaccio

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:56

How big are these pens?  Anything much smaller than a Duofold is not ideal for me.

Thanks

Too many pens, not enough fingers

Sponsored Content

|