The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Eli5 - Omas's Stantuffo Tuffante Or Plunger Filler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markiv

markiv

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:36

I think some of you may find this useful.
The mechanism is not as exotic as some may want you to believe. Please please please be extra careful if you decide on DIY restoration of these rare pens. Feel free to ask questions or add any suggestions.
Cheers.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 bartl

bartl

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:27

Thank you very much, one picture, 1000 words .... Super :thumbup:

#3 colex

colex

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2013 - 16:00

Thanks for explain it with image! :notworthy1:
pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks:
Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

#4 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,767 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2013 - 21:56

looks nice thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#5 Vinh

Vinh

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 20:03

Markiv, I realize you posted this over a year ago, but I just wanted to let you know how useful your post is to me.  I recently purchased a couple of 1930s/1940s Omas lucens in less than ideal condition.  (I couldn't afford a "whole" one.)  One of the two is in relatively good condition except that it leaks ink from the end (I assume through the shrunken cork seal).  I searched all over the internet to find clues of how to disassemble the pen, but couldn't find anything useful until I ran across your post.  Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Cray; drafted with my vintage 1950s Omas Extra.

#6 markiv

markiv

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2014 - 15:06

I am happy that you got it working.
Please post some pictures of the beauty if possible.

Best,
V

Markiv, I realize you posted this over a year ago, but I just wanted to let you know how useful your post is to me.  I recently purchased a couple of 1930s/1940s Omas lucens in less than ideal condition.  (I couldn't afford a "whole" one.)  One of the two is in relatively good condition except that it leaks ink from the end (I assume through the shrunken cork seal).  I searched all over the internet to find clues of how to disassemble the pen, but couldn't find anything useful until I ran across your post.  Thanks for sharing.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|