2013 Edison Morgan Le Purchasing Thread

bgray

I ordered the Briar Swirl ebonite with a 1.1 italic nib. Really looking forward to this one.

Larry

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• crazystan

• heymatthew

• reprieve

Any way to order multiple nibs? I'm wanting a medium and 1.1.

Contact me and we'll work out one of the nibs as a separate purchase.

As an aside, will the 1.1 and 1.5 nibs be available through normal retail channels soon? I may order one ahead of these pens being finished...

Yes, they will be available direct from us, or any of the retailers that carry our line. They should be here next week, then ship to the retailers. I'll announce this on the Edison blog when they are set to go.

As an aside, will the 1.1 and 1.5 nibs be available through normal retail channels soon? I may order one ahead of these pens being finished...

Yes, they will be available direct from us, or any of the retailers that carry our line. They should be here next week, then ship to the retailers. I'll announce this on the Edison blog when they are set to go.

Thanks Brian! This week just keeps on giving.

I'm in Briar swirl, broad nib :thumbup:

Amos

The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Albert Einstein

My 1st Edison was ordered today and I am stoked. I have been looking to try one for quite some time and I received an announcement that the 2013 Limited edition was now accepting orders.

What better way to get my 1st Edison than through a LE.

From reading about it, it's quite a large pen based upon the Morgan model, and that's what I like.

Oh yeah, do these come with a converter ?

And,,,the Ebonite looks to be a shade of brown/green.

Is that how you would describe it ?

I am not keen on brown shaded pens so I got the Neon. I like deeply contrasting colors, though I also prefer the gold looking hardware.

Edited by Hex

Hex, aka George

My first Edison pen, ( an ebonite Briar Swirl), is now on order. Can't wait, - but I'm going to have to. I hope Brian will keep us posted like he did on the last group buy. It will be fun to follow the progress of "our" pens.

On the order page there is a "Subscribe" section and I am hoping it will track the progress.

Hex, aka George

Thanks Brian! This week just keeps on giving.

I agree! My personal preference in a nib is a larger italic, so even I can't wait to put one of these on my own personal pens!

My 1st Edison was ordered today and I am stoked. I have been looking to try one for quite some time and I received an announcement that the 2013 Limited edition was now accepting orders.

What better way to get my 1st Edison than through a LE.

From reading about it, it's quite a large pen based upon the Morgan model, and that's what I like.

Oh yeah, do these come with a converter ?

And,,,the Ebonite looks to be a shade of brown/green.

Is that how you would describe it ?

I am not keen on brown shaded pens so I got the Neon. I like deeply contrasting colors, though I also prefer the gold looking hardware.

Yep, the pens will come with a converter.

And the photos of the pens are very accurate to holding them live. Some materials are really tough to photograph well, but both of these are pretty accurate.

Personally, I don't see any green tones in the ebonite. In the photo or holding it live.

The only item that I really can't photograph well is the pearlization of the Neon. It has some depth or chatoyance that you can only see by rotating it in your hand to see the light reflect in neat ways.

Thanks!

My first Edison pen, ( an ebonite Briar Swirl), is now on order. Can't wait, - but I'm going to have to. I hope Brian will keep us posted like he did on the last group buy. It will be fun to follow the progress of "our" pens.

On the order page there is a "Subscribe" section and I am hoping it will track the progress.

Yes, if you subscribe to the blog, you'll get updates.

But also, I will start a thread here on this forum that will completely document the entire process in photos, possibly video.

I'll get that thread started around the time that we begin manufacturing, so you can bookmark this once it's up.

Ugh.

I want people to understand before I ask this question that I have each of these nibs and enjoy them all. I'm not asking what they're about. I'm pondering what to do and will accept any feedback.

Broad, 1.1, or 1.5? Hmm...

I went with 1.5 since I'm thinking of this as more of a letter writing pen than a work pen. As you're familiar with the nibs, have you imagined where/how you'll wish to use a briar swirl pen?

I broke down and ordered both the briar swirl and the neon. They will make a lovely pair.

We've gone past 35 pens, so it's official.

We also have plenty of Neon on hand, so we might actually start manufacturing before the buying period ends...not sure yet.

I'll keep updates here.

If we start manufacturing early, I'll start a separate thread to document the process.

Great news!! As one who ordered a Neon, I will quote the old adage -- "Why do tomorrow what you can do today... and get me my Neon ASAP" ; )

Edited by okparts

– Leon

Another Neon just ordered. Glad it won and looking forward to my next Edison LE pen. Thanks, Brian and FPN for putting this together again,

Post Script

Brian, you must have manufactured many AP pens over the years. What do you do with them?

Noodler's Singapore Series Ink Samples for sale... check out the classifieds!

Brian, you must have manufactured many AP pens over the years. What do you do with them?

Good question.

If there is a coordinator, or a retailer distributing the pens, usually the AP's go to them.

But most of them go to my parents. My Mom and Dad probably have the most extensive and perhaps most valuable Edison collection that there is. Anytime that there is a new model, new filling system, new limited edition, new anything...usually one copy or Artist's Proof goes to them. Or sometimes I just want to surprise them with a nice gift for their collection. I've been doing this for the last 10 years or so.