Just showin off

jd50ae

These are six of the XEZOs I own and I am curious as to why they have never made it to this forum.

First, I apologize for the photo; the light is not at its best right now. They are some of the few non-standard black pens I have ever liked and are much better looking in good light.

They are heavy pens posted and are not for long use in small hands. Unposted they are very light and can be used all day long.

They all have some of the smoothest nibs I have experienced on a FP, right out of the box. XEZOs depending on the model come with a standard 2 tone or solid 18KT gold nib.

Cartridge or converter they make a beautiful wet line with no hesitation or drop out.

They are, IMHO, one of the better pens on the market today and deserve a lot more attention.

WWW.XEZO.COM

I am in no way part of XEZO. I just like their pens.

Edited by jd50ae

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• petra

• mmoncur

• helius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I hve to admit I am not at all familiar with these pens. When I am done at FPN today I am going to Google the pens to get more info.

Well, I hve to admit I am not at all familiar with these pens. When I am done at FPN today I am going to Google the pens to get more info.

www.xezo.com

I am in no way part of XEZO, I just like their pens.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Ditto—never heard of 'em.

"Inside his cardboard box, Greg heated a dented can of Spaghetti-O's over a small fire made from discarded newspapers, then cracked open his last can of shoplifted generic beer to celebrate the 10th anniversary of his embarkation on a career as a freelance writer." --Lawrence Person

Interesting brand, I might have a look at them

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

"The perfect lifestyle statement for people like yourself..."

I get nervous at people wanting to sell me lifestyle statements. People like me? I did take a look at the watches, two ETA quartz movements and the old Valjoux 7750 that ETA bought. Nothing bad but nothing special.

Reminds me of MB.

This is a little better photo and with more of the XEZO pens.

The pens 4th to 8th from right look very similar to these if not exact. Might have some finish differences. These are all from Danitrio's old stocks, wich Danitrio does not make anymore...

Their Legionnaire looks sililar to this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07434.jpg

Their Tribune looks very much like these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07676.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07681.jpg

Their Phantom looks very much like this except different finish:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07674.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/tn_DSC07673.jpg

The Maestro line does look like their own design.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Who make their nibs?

The website has a bunch of hype but seems short on detail, unless I'm not looking far enough. FPN references are slim.

Nib choices seem limited or non-existent. My first impression was that they were simply "pre-fabs" with blingy bindes put on them. The company is apparently Internet-only and is based in Texas but the website shows a pen production contact in Germany. Could they be assembled there with Chinese parts and German nibs?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill

Now that I have spent some years in marketing and communications, I can advise anyone and everyone not to base purchases on marketing decisions made by any company. There have been many godawful marketing campaigns for fine products, and vice versa. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: Kevin, blast you, I really want that simple black Dani! It's gorgeous!

Edited by sonia_simone

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Who make their nibs?

The website has a bunch of hype but seems short on detail, unless I'm not looking far enough.  FPN references are slim.

Nib choices seem limited or non-existent.  My first impression was that they were simply "pre-fabs" with blingy bindes put on them.  The company is apparently Internet-only and is based in Texas but the website shows a pen production contact in Germany.  Could they be assembled there with Chinese parts and German nibs?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill

I have, on a number of occasions, talked to the big cheese at XEZO. He is Italian and there are no Chinese connections to these pens.

They are with out a doubt some of the best made pens I have ever picked up, IMHO. Very well built and a joy to use. I was impressed with the number of them that survived the Tornado, most other brands did not.

They are a limited (500) production for the most part. I could not replace the 2 pens that went permanently missing in the Tornado. He did offer me some limited parts if I needed them.

Xezo does offer a few different nibs but you have to contact them for information. Most are gold with Iridium Points and are of a high quality, made in Germany. They do offer a solid gold nib with their trademark X on them, probably made in Germany also.

Most of mine were bought of eBay at a much lower price then their internet home.

WOW, I have never been to a website with hype before.......... :)

Edited by jd50ae

There are lots of XEZO pens on ebay - a dealer (or the manufacturer) lists lots of them. I'll have to try a couple now that I'm hearing good things about them...

I love unsung pen brands.

Michael Moncur

Thanks for sharing photos and experience with the Xezo pens! I've looked at these a LOT on ebay because I adore abalone. So it's great to know that these are good writers as well as good-looking!

Petra

There are lots of XEZO pens on ebay - a dealer (or the manufacturer) lists lots of them. I'll have to try a couple now that I'm hearing good things about them...

I love unsung pen brands.

Do you happen to remember the sellers? Xezoonline seems to be the only seller that I can fine.

I've been on the fence about MoP/abalone pens for awhile, and these Xezo pens seem to be at a price point where I won't feel too guilty if I decide I don't like their looks and stick them in a drawer somewhere.

In the 3 or 4 years I have been buying and using XEZO FPs I have only seen 3 come up for re-sale. XEZO lists on eBay, but they seem to list fewer and fewer. That would be a shame. They, as I have said before, are so well built. Made in Germany with German and Swiss made parts. Of course the MOP and Abalone come from the South Seas.

A little update.

All of XEZO watches are made in Switzerland.

All of their FPs are made in Germany.

Advertised in:

Mens Health

Bicycling

Backpacker

Natural History

To name a few.

Again, I am in no way affiliated with XEZO.

I happen to like their FPs a great deal, they are some of the finest FPs I have ever used, IMHO. :D

Edited by jd50ae

Hm. The pen I really like is the $300 black-and-white mother-of-pearl, on the last page of pens on their website. If I had space in the pens budget, I might buy one, but there are many other pens I'd consider first.

Their website likes playing music in a weird attempt at marketing. Yuck.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)