The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Yiren 828 Review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fabius

Fabius

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:58

A quick review of the YIREN 828. I recently received this pen from a dealer in China via Ebay. I had wanted a dragon pen but I wanted one not as flashy as the ones with red gem eyes and such. The design of this pen with the blue dragon on white is reminiscent of Chinese blue dragons on porcelain china.

Positives: Puts down a wet true medium line. The dragon design.

Negative: The pen is heavy and unbalanced and thus hard to use. The cap will not stay posted. The gold finish on the nib does not standout like the picture in the ad.

This is one pen that will see no more use from me. Even at $6.90 total cost it is a disappointment.

Attached Images

• YIREN 828.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 madzaxmax

madzaxmax

Deccan Advocate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05

I love all my Chinese pens (except one or two). Ebay and Chinese pens really helped me kick-start my collection. Sorry that you had a bad experience.
Inglourious Basterds...

#3 DanF

DanF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:13

How does it feel with the cap un-posted? A lot of pens become unbalanced with the cap posted, but luckily posting is not mandatory. :)

Dan
"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

Posted Image

#4 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:17

I am sorry to say that I think that this quality level is typical of Yiren. I have a Yiren 601 that was the same ( http://www.fountainp...-675-yiren-601/ ). I believe 'Bookworm' and 'Yiren' are brands owned by the same company, so be a bit careful of 'Bookworm' too.

Regards,

Richard

#5 Fabius

Fabius

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 23:50

How does it feel with the cap un-posted? A lot of pens become unbalanced with the cap posted, but luckily posting is not mandatory. :)

Dan

The pen does feel better in the hand in-posted. Though un-posted this pen is very close to being too short for my large hand. I like the ability to post the cap. That makes it easy to find the cap again.

Sponsored Content

|