Where To Buy Indian Fountain Pens?

atamantara

I think a Deccan Advocate or maybe a Wality 71j

Another possibility: Kevin's newly introduced "Dilli" from his own FPR Collection, built to his own design and specifications; in four colours, and four nib choices.

I have been curious about that. Non one has posted a review yet. Did you buy it?

Inglourious Basterds...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maus930

• Sasha Royale

• madzaxmax

• alc3261

http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/

I have never ordered from them but I hear good things.

+1 I've ordered ink and pens from them twice. Excellent service Very good to deal with.

I think a Deccan Advocate or maybe a Wality 71j

Another possibility: Kevin's newly introduced "Dilli" from his own FPR Collection, built to his own design and specifications; in four colours, and four nib choices.

Just got mine in today. Translucent red with a fine stub nib and a bottle of Camel Scarlet Red ink. I'm currently playing with it. I didn't put the red ink in it though. Kevin and Stephanie kindly threw in a Serwex 162, which is now dedicated to the red ink. Thank you guys.

It's a piston filler, so filling was so easy. Nice pen.

Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes.

Many are possessed by the incurable urge to write.

Juvenal

Another +1 for FountainPenRevolution!!

I am awaiting delivery of my Dilli.

I'll second that. I buy from them regularly and am now waiting for my Dilli. It will be a long three weeks!

Most recently, I bought a pen for a friend in another country, and had them send it straight to her. Worked like a dream. I'm so looking forward to their stub nibs!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

TWSBI Diamond 540

Parker 51

Parker 45

Esterbrook J-series

LAMY 2000

Sheaffer Imperial

Waterman Phileas

(Which India pen fits this space ?)

Okay, I'll bite. How about a Ranga with a Sheaffer Imperial nib?

TERI

Thanks, TERI. That is a list of pens that I like. I was looking for an Indian pen

that I would like, as well. I have had good experiences with Peyton Pens.

(BTW: No biting here. That's another obsession and website.) :ltcapd:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

TWSBI Diamond 540

Parker 51

Parker 45

Esterbrook J-series

LAMY 2000

Sheaffer Imperial

Waterman Phileas

(Which India pen fits this space ?)

:headsmack: ...and... :notworthy1: ...and... :doh: ...and... sorry... couldn't find the sarcasm emoticon.

:ltcapd: Works pretty good for "sarcasm". These are fountain pens that I own and enjoy using.

I would like to add a few pens of India to my collection. An old wife cost much to feed and

clothe, so my price range would be $75 plus or minus. Any suggestions from the Mumbai membership ?

Thanks.

The Peyton Pens from Ranga are great, but technically I wouldn't call them Indian since only the body and section are from India. The rest (nib, feed, and filler) is fitted locally from local parts, and all the cost is added locally.

The most remarkable thing about Indian pens is how unbelievably cheap they are in India. Paying Rs50 for a perfectly usable piston fill fountain pen, or Rs300 for a hand-made, full-sized ebonite fountain pen, makes you really wonder about how the world economy works.

Any shops selling them in Birmingham UK?

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

Another +1 for FountainPenRevolution!!

I am awaiting delivery of my Dilli.

I just got mine today - a week and a day after I ordered it. Not bad service from New Delhi, I'd say! :bunny01: Kevin also included a Serwix piston filler in the order!

Additionally, does anyone know if you can get the Wality 69LFB from anyone other than Retrodesk, or if Pete is now on an even keel and able to fulfill orders in a timely fashion? I ordered one from him last year, but after a long wait and several e-mails with no response I finally filed a PayPal dispute for a refund and still never had a direct response from him. I bear him no ill will as I know difficulties crop up in life, but I'd like that pen and don't want to wait forever for it.

Brian

Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Any shops selling them in Birmingham UK?

Unlikely.

Yes, I think not much chance in the city centre but maybe the Small Heath suburb as it is an Asian suburb?

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

Yet another +1 for Fountain Pen Revolution. I ordered an Airmail 444(30% off for the pen of the day) and a $3 fine nib and received a free Serwex 150. I was astounded to get a free gift with such a small order. The order arrived quickly considering in came from India. I will be ordering one of their Dillies soon.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Christi0469

Fascinating !

While westerners proceded through piston and sacs and cartridges, fountain penners

of India held to the nineteenth century technology of eyedropper fill. (ei. no filler mechanism) How wonderfully practical !

In this direction of exploring, I plan to try the "working" pens of students, teachers,

and civil servants.

Eyedropper pens are typical, but three or four milli-litres is a lot of ink. (I already

rotate thirty pens) I would welcome suggestions for limiting the capacity of eyedropper

fill pens.

I am older and wiser (wiser ?), now. I don't think that I will be sitting on any of my

Indian fountain pens.

Fascinating !

While westerners proceded through piston and sacs and cartridges, fountain penners

of India held to the nineteenth century technology of eyedropper fill. (ei. no filler mechanism) How wonderfully practical !

In this direction of exploring, I plan to try the "working" pens of students, teachers,

and civil servants.

Eyedropper pens are typical, but three or four milli-litres is a lot of ink. (I already

rotate thirty pens) I would welcome suggestions for limiting the capacity of eyedropper

fill pens.

I am older and wiser (wiser ?), now. I don't think that I will be sitting on any of my

Indian fountain pens.

Nothing so complicated. The ED pen is very simple to make for the traditional craftsman. The only materials that he has to buy are are clip, the ebonite rods and the nib, even the feeder used to be hand cut. Lesser materials to buy means lesser cash outflow so he can earn a decent living for his labor even at the cheap selling price of his pens.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

-Sorry about that = don't know why the duplicates

Edited by maus930

I have ordered a number of pens ink and nibs from Fountain Pen Revolution

Excellent service and products. 10 day delivery is normal to New Hampshire