• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frits B

• FOUR X FOUR

• Opooh

• smoothascactus

The proof of the pudding is in eating.

Design 10, practability 1. Very ingenious converter system, which you have to unscrew on the back end, take out of the pen and fiil. Problem: the mechanism to fill it is halfway the converter. After filling you put it back, that's the weak point since no pressure is needed it leaks in the body because the connection feeder converter isn't tight enough. So next time you take out the converter it is a real mess.

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics of the pen. Hope it will work, because it is the first time I upload pics.

post-102554-0-30280100-1376150456_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-49588200-1376150494_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-25640000-1376150531_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-34965800-1376150589_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-21047900-1376150613_thumb.jpgpost-102554-0-09230600-1376150642_thumb.jpg

Like I hope you see you have to unscrew the converter at the back of the pen, that it out and fill it. The mechanism to fill is halfway the converter and is probably made for people with small hands.

• 1 year later...

Opooh, thanks for posting these photos. These are the only non-studio photos I've seen on this pen online and this really helps me understand how the pen is put together.

Now that you've had it for a year do you find it useful? Or overly cumbersome?

Thanks!

Looks very nice but seems impractical. I can imagine the whole refilling process being a bit cumbersome. I don't want or need to make a production out of simply refilling my pen.

And no cap? I have take the whole pen out of the case simply to write then put it back in the case instead of simply putting the cap on?

This Porsche pen does seem impractical, however I'm really curious to hear from anyone who's actually used it. I haven't found a real review online. Anybody out there who's written with this pen and can offer insights into whether it's actually worth trying?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I have this pen, and as with any fountain pen, your writing experience will have something to do with the constitution of the paper you are using. However, if you are using good paper, you will find that the nib is sublime. The pen is extremely well-balanced, with some heft to it. Due to the cylindrical shape, this isn't as fatiguing as say the tecflex fountain pen, which I now have on order. I have a medium nib which produces fairly broad strokes. Asian characters look very impressive with this pen (my wife is Chinese). Just make sure that you also use good quality inks. In terms of ink flow, the pen flows effortlessly which leads to said broad strokes being produced. If you find one at a reasonable price (I paid $700 USD) and purchase it, you surely won't regret it. The pen screams quality and precision and is unlike any other pen I've ever seen. If it's a conversation starter or not, I don't really care. What I do care about is that it's a fine writing instrument.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Nicholas, I read and enjoyed your review. I just sent mine back to the seller because it won't lay down a line. A few days after I returned it, they contacted me. And said they were in complete agreement with me. They couldn't get it to write either. They'll send it back to Pelikan for another one. Hopefully the next one will work.

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned mine. It is am amazing looking pen that won't write.i returned mine. I'm waiting for a new one that writes or for them to make mine write. I think it's pretty sorry for a company to sell you a pen that is this expensive and it doesn't write period

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. My Porsche 3135 is on its way home. The people in Germany thought the nib was slightly bent. They actually replaced the nib with another one. One very nice lady at Chart pac said to be careful of it rolling off the desk. That's true but that's not what caused the nib to bend. A while back I was letting a friend look at some of my pens. The Porsche pen, he stuck it back into the case the wrong way. I looked at it under a loupe and couldn't see any bend in the nib, so I crossed that off. Evidently I was wrong, it was the nib. Don't let anyone mess with your expensive pens.

• 2 months later...

I do not understand what there is to stop your fingers simply slipping down the barrel, as you write? The very shape seems to me to be altogether <too> slippery (governed by aerodynamics, as might be expected of a member of the Porsche family?!) with nothing to grip...

I would never be happy with a shape like that in <my> fingers!

I wonder if poster msnovtue is still around? This thread has been going for a long time...I had a Porsche in Africa -- (to mis-quote Karen Blixen) -- and back then, no one was much bothered with speed limits and the roads were almost empty (even if they were mostly bad surfaces)!