The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Custom Kaede

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:39

I like Pilot Custom Kaedes I already have and I decided to add the third one. The # 10 nib and the feed of the Kaede are said to be different from other Custom's #10 nib / feed units.

Packaging: This new pen I got came in a smaller box. I think Pilot revised its packing boxes to be more compact.
Posted Image

The pen: This one is M. I already have F and other M. The size is just right unposted for a comfortable writing. Each pen has a unique wood grain. My first Kaede's pattern was a little bit off-beat. My 2nd and 3rd Kaedes have the wood grain to my liking.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The nib: This is where this Pilot excels. A very smooth writer and it lays down the ink an M nib should do, not too thin, not too wide.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The filling system with a Con 70 converter. I have to admit I sometimes choose Pilot over other Japanese converter pens (or any other pens equipped with converters) because of its Con-70. The ink capacity is just right and sufficient for a converter, which is easy to replace when it wears out.
Posted Image

The comaprison of 2 Kaede M pens.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

My other wood pens.
Posted Image

Edited by Pen2009, 16 March 2013 - 08:09.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:49

:thumbup:
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 VirtuThe3rd

VirtuThe3rd

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:50

Great review! Thanks for the sharing this.
I also enjoyed the pics you took a lot!! Really cool camera work.

Keep up great work. : )

From Japan,
Kota Adachi

#4 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 18:51

Thanks for the review. You have a very nice collection of pens. I was not familiar with the kaede until I saw this. Pilot is one of my favorite brands, so a kaede is now on my shopping list.
"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#5 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 21:33

Nice!!

#6 alvinlum

alvinlum

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2013 - 23:43

pretty pens :D and nice collection
saving for my target ~

#7 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:13

a very nice collection Posted Image i envy you.
-rudy-

#8 httpmom

httpmom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2015 - 23:18

Pen2009 ,
I can't believe what a beautiful assortment of pens you own...I L*O*V*E Japanese Pens! And I love Pilots. Because of your post, I just ordered the Custom Maple Kaedes from j-subculture with the money I made from selling a pen that had the wrong nib size for me needs. It will be my first wood pen and I can't wait to see it. Also looking forward to trying out the Con 70.
Thanks for sharing your information!

Edited by httpmom, 29 April 2015 - 23:21.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

#9 eduardp

eduardp

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2015 - 18:31

Can you please share your thoughts now after more than 2 years with the Pilot Maple? I'm considering buying one and there are not so many reviews. Thank you.

Edited by eduardp, 08 June 2015 - 18:32.

#10 httpmom

httpmom

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:03

Can you please share your thoughts now after more than 2 years with the Pilot Maple? I'm considering buying one and there are not so many reviews. Thank you.

I've only had mine for a few months but I really love it. the feel of this pen in the hand is very unique. It's beautiful and the nib is a delight...perfectly smooth...but as I said I have a fondness for Japanese pens, especially Pilots.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

#11 Maurizio

Maurizio

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:38

Beautiful. Nice review. I love Pilot pens too.

I'm saving for a Custom 845.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace

Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

#12 Keyless Works

Keyless Works

Antique

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 1,789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:06

The # 10 nib and the feed of the Kaede are said to be different from other Custom's #10 nib / feed units.

What is different about the #10 compared with the other Custom's #10?

Sponsored Content

|