The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kop Mosaique Red (M Nib)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2013 - 23:41

Here is a Sailor KOP Mosaique Red with an M nib. I will make my pictures do their work for me;). As a journalist at heart (I studied jouralism at a college in New York), I feel I am cheating myself. I already have a Green one with a B nib. Similar to the green one, there is a celluolid-esque look to it.

Packaging: no nonsense KOP box with a bottle of Sailor Gentle Black. I have several of them already and I am going to start using this ink.
Posted Image

The pen: As you can see, the pen is adorned with a very unique pattern. The resin has a high quality feel to it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The nib: A large sized Sailor 21K nib. The nib is smooth as expected from Sailor nibs. I think Sailor could not stick an F nib on this model because of the heavier and larger sized body.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The filling system: a Sailor converter. I expect no issue with the ink capacity per se. Is it just me? But, in a KOP pen, the sailor converter looks like it can hold more than smaller models.
Posted Image

The comparion with the Green one:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Pen2009, 09 March 2013 - 11:42.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Sponsored Content

#2 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 00:20

very nice pens...and nice pictures thx
they don't look like the smallers mozaic pens...and they are very nice too ;)
A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#3 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• 2,813 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:04

The red Mozaique is really stunning in the KOP size.
I wish my hand would be large enough to comfortably use a KOP size pen.
The larger pen & a minimum of rings really shows off the beautiful red acrylic resin.
I love my red Profit version, but this KOP is over the top.
Enjoy!
*Sailor 1911-M, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Professional-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c.factory "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#4 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:40

This pen is inked with the Iroshizuku Fuyugaki, which is a great match for this pen, if I may say. (it is easy for me to remember which pen is inked with which ink. I am getting a little tardy on this front.)

Edited by Pen2009, 09 March 2013 - 10:47.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#5 VirtuThe3rd

VirtuThe3rd

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 16:59

Great pics! Really beautiful. :)

Thank you so much for sharing this.

#6 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:14

Beautiful shiny pen! Is the remainig work to get brown and black KOP mozaique?

rokurinpapa

#7 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:41

Beautiful shiny pen! Is the remainig work to get brown and black KOP mozaique?

rokurinpapa

I am awaiting a delivery of the brown one already.

#8 TomJKT

TomJKT

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2013 - 19:42

I happen to own the mosaique red one as well and I nick named it -coz I really enjoy to write with it - my KOI pen. It just reminds me of these colorful fishes. If I'm stuck writing I get a little inspiration from its ever changing colors.

Great pictures! Enjoy your pens!

For sale: M625 red/silver, P395 gold, Delta Fellini.

Sponsored Content

|