Writing Example Of Lamy 25P With Stub-Nip

B.ink

Got this old pen from my father. After intensive cleaning the pen has a new life....

Have a look...

Regards from Germany - Benny B.ink

post-99543-0-59282700-1362746080.jpg

post-99543-0-30049200-1362746103.jpg

post-99543-0-69619500-1362746125.jpg

post-99543-0-95348600-1362746141.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sweilem

• Robert Alan

• shea2812

• AidenMark

Very nice! I'm sure you'll enjoy using your Dad's old pen for many years to come.

Oh, and :W2FPN:

Edited by majorworks
Happiness is an Indian ED!

Welcome B.ink. Nice looking pen and the nib is really nice. Congratulations.

Bin auf dich neidisch, denn du eine schöne Handschrift und einen schönen Füller hast! :puddle:

Am real jealous of you, that you've got such nice handwriting and a real nice pen! :puddle:

Good job bringing that pen back to life. Looks like it writes very well.

Welcome aboard.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

Very nice, one of the last (if not the last) Lamy's still using standard international cartridges. I've also seen then with pink, yellow and green makrolon, and the 26p with a metal cap.

Take good care of it!

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

• 1 year later...

Nice pen, i love my Lamys because they are bullet proof.

No matter where i buy them from or how gunked up they are i always know i can take them apart and give them a good clean.

Afterwards i have a good usable pen.

Lovely nibs and the piston fillers carry loads of ink.

Enjoy your pen

• 1 year later...

i have the same pen but the nib says 18k then 750 then lamy below that, any information???

http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/1.gif http://sweilems.com/2%20(1).png http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/letter.png

i have the same pen but the nib says 18k then 750 then lamy below that, any information???

gold content can be given in 2 ways:

through the carat system where 24 carat (Ct/Kt/k) is pure gold. 14 kt gold is 14/24th gold, 18 kt is 18/24th or 3/4 gold.

The other system is the percentage, or better promillage. 750 gold is actually .750 or 750 0/00. And one also often sees .585.

Now if you calculate 18 kt being 18/24th = 0.750 and 14 kt is 14/24 = 0.585

So your nib says the same twice: 18k is the same as 750

Some Japanese nibs are even using 21 kt, and you often see 9 or 10 kt for a gold body.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hello! I saw your question in another post and gave a partial response, but I'll add a bit more here. First, as far as I know, this model, the 25P ("P" for patronen--Montblanc/international cartridge), was never marketed with a solid gold nib since it was, mainly, a relatively inexpensive pen aimed at the 'student' market. It is, however, an excellent design and has certainly been put to good use by non-students.

Regarding the 18K nib, Lamy has certainly manufactured nibs with gold content (sometimes rhodium-plated) and the 18K nib may have been for the French market where, in order to call a nib solid gold, it must have at least 750/18K gold content. There may be other national markets with a similar stipulation, but I am not aware of them. I own two Lamy Persona fountain pens and one has a 14K tubular nib while the other came with an 18K tubular nib (perhaps for the French market).

The nib shape and size for the 25P seems to be the same as the nib on the older Lamy 27 and 99 fountain pens and, also, the Lamy 2000. They seem, to me, to be interchangeable. So it is possible that someone took one of the 18K gold nibs from another pen and slid it on to the 25P feed. Lamy used the same nib and feed design, for a while, with several models, as, today, they use for the Safari, CP1, etc.

You say your Lamy pen "looks" like the same pen as the 25P, but are there any markings on it that lead you to believe it is, in fact, the same model?

I am certainly not an expert and would welcome constructive criticism and additional information.

Regards, Robert Alan

Edited by Robert Alan

No matter where you go, there you are.

gold content can be given in 2 ways:

through the carat system where 24 carat (Ct/Kt/k) is pure gold. 14 kt gold is 14/24th gold, 18 kt is 18/24th or 3/4 gold.

The other system is the percentage, or better promillage. 750 gold is actually .750 or 750 0/00. And one also often sees .585.

Now if you calculate 18 kt being 18/24th = 0.750 and 14 kt is 14/24 = 0.585

So your nib says the same twice: 18k is the same as 750

Some Japanese nibs are even using 21 kt, and you often see 9 or 10 kt for a gold body.

D.ick

Thanks for the explanation , really valuable information i didnt know before!

http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/1.gif http://sweilems.com/2%20(1).png http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/letter.png

Hello! I saw your question in another post and gave a partial response, but I'll add a bit more here. First, as far as I know, this model, the 25P ("P" for patronen--Montblanc/international cartridge), was never marketed with a solid gold nib since it was, mainly, a relatively inexpensive pen aimed at the 'student' market. It is, however, an excellent design and has certainly been put to good use by non-students.

Regarding the 18K nib, Lamy has certainly manufactured nibs with gold content (sometimes rhodium-plated) and the 18K nib may have been for the French market where, in order to call a nib solid gold, it must have at least 750/18K gold content. There may be other national markets with a similar stipulation, but I am not aware of them. I own two Lamy Persona fountain pens and one has a 14K tubular nib while the other came with an 18K tubular nib (perhaps for the French market).

The nib shape and size for the 25P seems to be the same as the nib on the older Lamy 27 and 99 fountain pens and, also, the Lamy 2000. They seem, to me, to be interchangeable. So it is possible that someone took one of the 18K gold nibs from another pen and slid it on to the 25P feed. Lamy used the same nib and feed design, for a while, with several models, as, today, they use for the Safari, CP1, etc.

You say your Lamy pen "looks" like the same pen as the 25P, but are there any markings on it that lead you to believe it is, in fact, the same model?

I am certainly not an expert and would welcome constructive criticism and additional information.

Regards, Robert Alan

Thank you Robert for your help, the pen i have looks exactly the same as the one in this topic, the cap has marking that says " LAMY 25P W.Germany" and the bottom of the pen barrel there is the letter "L" , so i think as you said maybe this is made for the french market, i think its not likely that the nib is changed in my case for many reasons and some investigations i made about this particular pen ,

• 9 months later...

Just found of the these. B nib. I didnt know in the beginning that it takes international converter/cartridge. The original converter that came with it have the sac missing. Probably it had rotted long time ago. In the beginning I tried using Lamy cart, didn't quite work. Some net digging told me that it takes international cart.

Here is the result....

post-126314-0-16048400-1483258773_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thank for this thread B.ink. The breakdown picture really helped when cleaning a 25p. Hope I can put it together again.

Although it seems to work with Int cartridges, so far it hasn't been happy with the with either the lammy z26 or parker standard converter I tried with it.

Anyone have a converter recommendation?

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

• 3 weeks later...

I just have bought and inked Lamy 26P. I tried small Kaweco converter and in fits well. I keep experimenting for a while and write again in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been looking at these over on ebay for quite sometime. Thanks for the two writing samples, I will probably pull the trigger soon.