Camlin Sd Fountain Pen

madzaxmax

Also glad to hear this.and sorry that things got so complicated for you. I will post as soon as I get the package and will certainly send shipping, but how much is it? I have lost track I'm afraid.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madzaxmax

• mhguda

• reval

• cjabbott

Don't worry about the shipping, guys. Just let me know when you get them.

And let me know if anyone has plans for Dubai!

Inglourious Basterds...

Got mine (plus three bonus Camlins - Trinity, 47, and 36 - I haven't tried those yet, but I know from experience that the first two of them are good anyway)

The SD is a really nice pen, smooth reliably writer, well made, good ergonomics. The nib seems to be the same as the one for the Elegante with different imprint and plating but the SD nib was a lot better, might be just chance but they might have put more effort into shaping the tipping.
One curious thing I just realised about Camlin is that while most pen makers have a small number of nib types they use in several models, I have seven Camlin models, which use six different nibs.

No plans for Dubai - can't cope with heat. Also, while it would be less of a problem there than in most of the region, I have this tendency to speak faster than I think...

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Thank you!

And Dubai is a very very nice place, actually. I live in a flat that is about 3 mins from the beach, so its sun and sand on the weekends. I will turn into a beach bum soon.

Inglourious Basterds...

I recieved my pen today. When I open it I was surprised to find another 3 pens. Thanks madzaxmax, I am happy.

I recieved my pen today. When I open it I was surprised to find another 3 pens. Thanks madzaxmax, I am happy.

Well, that makes two of us! I was surprised and impressed by the generosity of madzamax! Thank you! And boy oh boy - the nibs!!!

Barry

All things work out in the end. If it is not working out, it is not the end.

My package arrived yesterday, I got the extra pens, and immediately inked up the SD. My goodness what a great pen. Fit and finish is very good. Very smooth writing nib. This one will stay in rotation for a while. Thanks for getting this going and seeing it through.

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I recieved mine yesterday . I got an email that I would only get one of the two I ordered, and I did, but I also got the three extra pens. The packaging is good for an Indian pen, with a professionally done instructions insert, and the pen is a nice size and good looking. I inked it up last night and, as with many, many Indian pens, mine did not have a smooth nib. I had just tried out three new Ahabs which were pretty smooth and, in comparison, this was very scratchy. Examination of the niib tipping did not show any mis-alignment, but the shape was not smoothly rounded, so I tried smoothing with 3 micron abrasive film followed by polishing with 0.3 micron film. Still scratchy. At this point, knowing I could swap the nib out for a German one if unsuccessful, I brought out the knife sharpening stone and re-shaped the tips, followed by the same smoothing and polishing. Success! I now have a glass smooth writer, just as I like a pen to be, and better than any of the three Ahabs (but in all fairness, I have not worked on their nibs yet).

Thanks for all your efforts, especially at such a busy time in your life. I have made trans-Atlantic moves three times and know just how all consuming they can be, especially as all three were happening when work load was exploding. Sounds as if the smae was happening to you. Good luck in your new location, I hope all goes well for you.

Got mine too! Love it! I still have to try the bonus pens, but what a nice surprise!

Mine arrived today. The extras were a nice addition! All are wonderful pens and in colors I would have preferred, too!

Well done, Inder! Thank you for doing the order and best of luck to you in your new location!!

Regards,

Cory

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

• 2 weeks later...

I picked my package up at the post office today, and mine too had three extra Camlins. Thanks max, those too are very welcome!

I have still to try the pens, but I expect no surprises, as most of my pens from India were good out of the box, some needed a little work but nothing too crazy (except for the Guider Marala for which I was sent a new nib and a new feed - that one now works excellently, too.)

I was pleasantly surprised in that the SD is actually smaller than what I had anticipated from the measurements I had read; a very nice size. The Trinity and 47 were not new pens for me, but I do know and like them, so that is fine, and will make at least one other person happy...

Thanks again for seeing this through, max. Greatly appreciated.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Me also, but something makes me think we've missed the boat archat...

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

I do not think there will be a repeat of this. Max has moved to another country and I have not even seen him on the forum in six months or more... Sorry but I think you guys missed out on this. However, try Mesu on the classifieds...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 1 year later...

Hi

After all I have read I would like to join the group to purchase a Camlin SD

Kind regards

Eric