Sheaffer No Nonsense

Quarzac

I had some ancient carts and I just pierced them with the pen and then injected some water and I've had some great peacock blue for over a week without any leaking at all. I actually don't have any experience with any of the new carts since the old pens will take the new converter and that's what I use when I don't use an old cart. Hope that helps.

So you just pierced them and filled them up to right level with the water? What did u use to pierce it and how did u get the hole centered? I halfheartedly tried to pierce them with the nipple on the section, but there seems to be no weak spot... just all the same thickness of plastic.

Peacock blue is one of the ones that i really want to try... ill be sad when it is gone... :-(

Well it stands to reason that if it will fit with the new converter then it should fit the new carts....

I dont really use the skrip ink in them but i save it and refill it with whatever ink i fancy at the time.

Edited by stoof2010

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• Grayhart

• stoof2010

• Sailor Kenshin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this pen after a very kind fellow fpn'R gave it to me as a gift to makr my vintage calligraphy set whole. I have all the carts, which im sure ill need to add eater to.

But the carts i have are very old and dont look at all like the new sheaffer carts. They dont have a "nipple" like the modern ones have where the seal is that holds in the ink... cant figure out how to use them. Seems like i just throw it in and let the cart get pierced by the feed.... i think...

Anyone have any insite? I was wonderi.g if it will take modern carts as well? Then maybe i can just extract the i.k from the old ones, rehydrate, then inject i.to a new one that has a nipple thing. Seems like the old carts would just leak all over...

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that the older cartridges you have are the original Sheaffer proprietary cartridges that most (with a few exceptions) of their pens, new and old, use. The new ones you're describing (with the "nipple") sound like the international style cartridges (Sheaffer calls them "universal") that were used previously by the Sheaffer Reaktor and currently by the VFM. The NoNonsense pens use those older proprietary cartridges. One end of those is meant to be pierced by the pen. I just looked at the cartridge I currently have in my Agio and one end has a ligher colored ring in it with a recess--the *other* end goes into the section. Hope that helps.

"We have only one thing to give up. Our dominion. We don't own the world. We're not kings yet. Not gods. Can we give that up? Too precious, all that control? Too tempting, being a god?"

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that the older cartridges you have are the original Sheaffer proprietary cartridges that most (with a few exceptions) of their pens, new and old, use. The new ones you're describing (with the "nipple") sound like the international style cartridges (Sheaffer calls them "universal") that were used previously by the Sheaffer Reaktor and currently by the VFM. The NoNonsense pens use those older proprietary cartridges. One end of those is meant to be pierced by the pen. I just looked at the cartridge I currently have in my Agio and one end has a ligher colored ring in it with a recess--the *other* end goes into the section. Hope that helps.

I never did know which end to put in first. Still kinda don't. -_-

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I never did know which end to put in first. Still kinda don't. -_-

I never found that it mattered.

Well i will try some of the new ones in the old gal. Hope it works. I trust the new style more than the old as far as the seal on the pen...

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

• 1 year later...

I plan to review all my pens in due time! I know this one is rather common, but maybe it'll help someone out. Let me know if you have any questions!

attachicon.gifNoNonsense1.png

attachicon.gifNoNonsense2.png

This is a GREAT review. Thanks.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Thank you for sharing the handwritten review....

its one of my favorite pen....

and i dont even mind carrying it to office... no frill pen.... love it...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter