The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Caran D'ache

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,012 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2013 - 20:36

A while ago I did a review of another of my Caran d'Ache pens, a Varius Metwood. This is another model from Caran d'Ache, an older Hexagonal in Chinablack laque and gold plate. While the current Hexagonal is offered in Ecaille (tortoiseshell) Laque du Chine and a rhodium coated silver plate version this older one is a simple yet deep black lacquer.

The Hexagonal model is slightly different than the Varius being a snap cap instead of a threaded one with a cap that also posts far deeper on the body and with a very positive click when it seats. The Hexagonal model is longer when capped than the Varius yet shorter both posted and unposted. It is also lighter than the Varius but heavier than my Ecridor Retro. But enough patter, here are the ...

Boring Details

Posted Image

The pen is slim and while I generally prefer wider section pens I have got to admit that Caran d'Ache, Graf Von Faber Castell and Yard-o-Led really know how to do slim yet functional pens.

The nib is 18K, relatively plain, a moderately wet fine with only a slight line variation between a very light hand and a moderate hand. The section also features small Laque du Chine filled cartouches that add texture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As with all of my Caran d'Ache pens the attention to detail, both where it would show and also internally is amazing. It's a reliable standard international sized cartridge/converter pen.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|