How to make a wax seal with Epoxy
In this simple tutorial, I show you how I created a custom wax seal, without much financial outlay.
How to make your own custom sealing wax
I first tried to do this with wax seal wood.
The results were not all bad, but I was very complicated and burn me twice.
I decided to find an easier way to craft a seal wax.
For the development of our own custom wax seal, we will need:
- Bottle stoppers or similar containers (depending on the diameter we want).
- 2B graphite pencil (HB can be if you do not have, but the more B is softer the graphite and is to be transferred better design our logo).
- Epoxy Putty. Did not know what the Epoxy? . (in the "Chinese" from 1 € I've seen).
- Gloves (The manufacturer's recommended epoxy putty to avoid "allergies", I have not used to be very difficult to handle, i finish washed my hands and I have not noticed, but then it will go with every skin type, however is not corrosive, do not worry).
We will choose the image, logo or whatever we want to capture in the wax seal (Start with something simple, practice makes perfect).'ve Done in this tutorials are letter A with some ornamentation.
1. Drawn with pencil on paper, respecting margins diameter plug that we use. The image is drawn as it would on paper.
2. Together the two parts of the epoxy and knead until no streaks.
3. We introduce into the cap and smoothed until it is flush can help plug a flat surface, pressing and cutting off excess.
4. We put our cap with epoxy putty mixed up our "logo" and exert a little pressure.
5. The image has been transferred to the epoxy and will serve as a guide.
6. Let "drawing" with pencil above our logo exerting little pressure gradually until the desired depth.
Tip: Let dry a little dough will be very soft as to draw the attention up, will sink easily and deformed like a gum. But do not expect much, it dries very quickly.
Tip: dip your pen with water.
7. Little by little we will be applying more force, since the mass will harden over time and asking for "smoothing" better with our pencil.
(You can use whatever you want for this process, I use pencil for highlighting what I'm drawing in black. Could be a tip of a nail, a wooden stick .... etc).
8. And expect it to dry completely. And we will have our seal stamp over. It only remains to prove it.
Really the next step is not necessary!!!!!
I recommend it (although not necessary) before putting the wax seal over pass this by a napkin or paper with a little bit of vegetable oil, not much, not necessary that this super anointed. With a light coating will prevent the wax from sticking to the seal and remain on paper if the tire tread we have chosen is very fine.
9. And already you have received your wax seal.
And other labels that I've done:
As I said before "with practice makes perfect". Every time you come out better, caulk is cheap and the same package out various labels.
It is just your imagination, and desire to do so, and of course letters and envelopes that seal.
Write it has been said, and you have no excuse not to decorate your personal mail.
A hug and hope that at least I have entertained this tutorial.
You can see more tutorial in http://fountainpenla...logspot.com.es/