"old"aurora Pen

GaussAC

Hello, everyone! Made an account here to ask some questions about a pen I got when I was very young. I'm not sure if it's from the late 80's or the early 90's. All I know is that it's been with me for almost all my life.

As the topic suggests, this is an Aurora pen. I have no papers on it, and there is no number or anything on the pen that can help me find information. All I have is the pen and the box it came in.

Here's a picture:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rwu904.jpg

What I want to know is when it was made, what it is made of and what it might be worth (have no intention of selling it, just curious). Can also mention that it's practically unused.

Thanks for reading. Will check later and see if I got any response. :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GaussAC

• Dillo

• Bo Bo Olson

• paolino_paperino

Top Posters In This Topic

:W2FPN:

You do want to get the matching fountain pen for that ball point...right. B) :happyberet:

Some one who knows ball points and Aurora will show up.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

:W2FPN:

You do want to get the matching fountain pen for that ball point...right. B) :happyberet:

Some one who knows ball points and Aurora will show up.

I'm guessing I will make my self guilty of blasphemy here, but I don't think so. Haha. I'm not a pen enthusiast (even though I appreciate the art!), and a layman, to say the least! I'm more of a guitar guy. :P

But I hope I could get some answers. I've been interested since "long" before the internet age, so it will be very satisfying with some answers!

You should post this in the Italian pens forum. There's very knowledgeable people there. I faintly recall that there was a series of ladies pens from Aurora, based on the 98 series. Perhaps it was called "madamin" (that means 'miss' in the piemontese dialect spoken near the Aurora factory) ?

You should post this in the Italian pens forum. There's very knowledgeable people there. I faintly recall that there was a series of ladies pens from Aurora, based on the 98 series. Perhaps it was called "madamin" (that means 'miss' in the piemontese dialect spoken near the Aurora factory) ?

Aha. I totally missed that there was a forum for Italian pens!

I can also add that I'm of Italian descent myself (my grandfather on my fathers side was Italian, from Turin), and it is most likely bought there. I got it from my grandmother, and since she and my grandfather was divorced way before I was born, it might be older than I think. Maybe she bought it (or was given) further back when they were still married.

Thanks for the answer. Should I report the thread to a moderator and have it moved, or do you think it's OK to post the same thread in another forum? :)

Edited by GaussAC

Hi,

That is an Aurora Madamin. They happen to be somewhat rare. Costwise, I'm not sure how much the ballpoints go for, but the fountain pens are somewhere in the $500 range or so if I remember correctly. It was made in the '70s. I have a Madamin as well, but mine is fountain pen, and it is a very nice writer. The fountain pens are piston-filled with the Riserva Magica system. When the pen stops writing, unscrew the piston knob until it stops, and it will write a page or two more.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• 2 years later...

Hi,

That is an Aurora Madamin. They happen to be somewhat rare. Costwise, I'm not sure how much the ballpoints go for, but the fountain pens are somewhere in the $500 range or so if I remember correctly. It was made in the '70s. I have a Madamin as well, but mine is fountain pen, and it is a very nice writer. The fountain pens are piston-filled with the Riserva Magica system. When the pen stops writing, unscrew the piston knob until it stops, and it will write a page or two more.

Dillon

Dillon helped me identify mine, so I am happy to post a photo of the matching fountain pen:

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/aurora_gold_ladies_7.jpg

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/misc%20brands/aurora_gold_ladies_1.jpg

Thanks to Dillon for helping me ID mine!

TERI