The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian - F Nib

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:36

I read so many good things about Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian and Barley Corn models. So, Yard-O-Led has always been on my pen radar screen. I decided to switch back to sterlining silver pens again after taking in many wood, makie and urushi pens. The sterling silver pens could last many more decades than the other materials, I believe. As several others already have posted their own reviews on this pen, I will keep mine more visually oriented with photos.

I already have several Platinum sterling silver pens, a Sailor profit sterling silver, 4 Pilot Silvern pens and a MB silver barley. This Yard-O-Led is the heaviest of all among my sterling silver fountain pens. But, strangely (or "expectedly), I find this pen is well balanced unposted (I never post my caps on my pens) and as one of the long time forum member said you can glide the pen over the paper with the pen's weight. So, you only hold the pen and guide it, while the pen will do the rest laying dow the wet smooth line on the paper.

The packaging:
A classy looking box.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lo and behold the Viceroy Grand Victorian :)

The pen in the box.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

The clip section. I read some complains on the rivets on FPN. But, I find the rivets on my pen are done with precision.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The barrel. The year mark says N. So, my pen was manufactured in 2012.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Inside peak into the cap
Posted Image

The nib. It lays down the line close to M nibs of my Platinum and Pilot pens, which is jsut fine with me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Sponsored Content

#2 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:36

Comparing with other sterling silver pens. The Yard-O-Led has a longer barrel because of the snap on cap while the total capped length is very similar to other full size sterling pens.
Platinums on the right, Silvern on the far right, Sailor on the far left.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:42

Nice pen.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#4 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:30

You have a very nice collection there. A Grand Victorian Viceroy is near the top of my wish list. Would you provide a writing sample with a comparison to the Medium Pilot nib?

Thank you in advance,

Frank
"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#5 1point1mm

1point1mm

Semper Viridis

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:06

Would you provide a writing sample. . . ?

Nice FP you've got there also do please as stated above.
See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

#6 legume

legume

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:18

Wonderful! Of all of the pictures I have ever seen of this pen, yours are by far the best. This pen was actually on its way off my wishlist, but now it's shot up to the top! Ah! What have you done? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Content

|