Some Patents From Czechoslovakia 1918-39

Khufu

Hi,

I have not seen it yet. Maybe it was made only on command by Mr.Dyntar in Prague. I don´t think it was produced in considerable quantity.

I am doing research about the inventor, so hopefully i will know more.

Edited by Khufu

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Khufu

• pavoni

• YouCollectMe

• eliott

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Khufu,

Another of your fans here :)

Reading the history of Riper Company and looking at their pens ... well, do you know anything about if Ripet made any pens for LCH under their name, any cotract or similar in 30's?

Would appereciate your answer.

• 1 year later...

Hello Kaweco,

i would like to thank you too Kaweco, because it was you who gave me the idea to use the original adress books from prewar period. Ï used czechoslovak version of registers published in whole central Europe area by MOOS company. A friend of mine have some of them. It was there where i find first hard data about czechoslovak FP industry. With correct names it was a lot easier to make research in local archives or to try to find the original owners families.

The data about Ripet company comes from detailed study published in 1980 within Museum´s revue of České Budějovice, by Mr Václav Vondra (1929-2006), he was historian of south bohemian industry, pencil collector, writer and teacher of history in Budweis high school. Some details were added by me as i am in contact with one of Kroutl familly descendants who gave me some other informations especially about the post 1948 persecutions and some other details about Kroutl familly.

More details will be added (i want to find the factory site plans) once i will check the original archive files in Budweis, hopefuly this summer.

Best regards,

Khufu

Hello Khufu,

I'm happy to see that Kroutl's legacy isn't forgotten , I'm a great-grandson of Ludvik Kroutl and will be wery happy if you could get in touch with me to share informatin, photos etc. You can write me at elpatrik@seznam.cz or call 608021838.

• 8 months later...

So did Khufu ever get in touch with Kroutl's great-grandson? Were pictures ever shared? How did the family fare after the fall of communism? Any fountain pens passed through the generations that need to be shown off here? In this forum?? Inquiring minds people! I love Ripet nibs and need to learn more!

• 8 months later...

Yesterday, we had a very sad 70 year anniversary of comunist confiscation of RIPET factory, annouced by attached telegram.

If anyone is interested in more details about RIPET, feel free to contact me.

post-132532-0-53178800-1519904377_thumb.jpg

Edited by eliott