Kaweco Sport Bulb Filler Conversion Video

Earthdawn

Ok so I sat down last night and finally made the video on how to do the Bulb filler conversion on the Kaweco Sport.

dcpritch came up with this brilliant idea and figured out the sac size too. I just made a quick video of it to share. Enjoy the video but if you like the idea and how well it works send your thanks to dcpritch! :thumbup:

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/659378B1-7417-4F80-BC1F-90F4EC3957B6-3471-000000E9AD81FD13.jpg

Edited by Earthdawn

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Earthdawn

• Fabienne

• sargetalon

• dragos.mocanu

Excellent video. Will def be trying this. Thanks.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• 2 weeks later...

Well i can't edit the post anymore... past the time limit. BUT the update in getting clear sacs in here...

Heres a couple of quick pics.

I cleaned up most of the shallac off the end after I took the photo.

You can see in the second pic your able to now see how much ink you have left. I did not fill it all the way so you could see it better. It can out pretty clear in the pic so zoom in for the details.

..... Project is now complete. VERY happy with these sacs.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/5E98BD97-6A1B-4B7E-8A45-CF0950FF9C1F-5488-0000019FA0B79319_zps4bdc2326.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/58DF0594-466F-4089-9017-BDDF5F0D7051-5488-000001A490FF00CC_zpsabd20e66.jpg

Hey that one you did with a clear sac is great! Super way to be able to hold a lot of ink without converting to an ED, and still be able to keep track of how much ink you have left. Well done! :thumbup:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

• 3 weeks later...

Great video! Probably gonna end up trying this soon!

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

I just made myself one of these for my Kaweco Sport. Works well. Since I had to order a bunch of sacs I figured I'd try it out on another pen, a non-telescoping Rotring Esprit. Worked awesome with that pen too. Not only does it hold more ink than the carts but it is also reusable, cutting back on the waste of the carts. Great stuff and an easy to follow tutorial.

Seriously, have you checked Etsy.com yet?

Check out my blog ComfortableShoesStudio.com

• 4 weeks later...

I ran across a couple of clear #18 sacs in the classifieds here for $5. Just had some time today and put this together. Came out awesome. Thanks for the great video.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Well i can't edit the post anymore... past the time limit. BUT the update in getting clear sacs in here...

Heres a couple of quick pics.

I cleaned up most of the shallac off the end after I took the photo.

You can see in the second pic your able to now see how much ink you have left. I did not fill it all the way so you could see it better. It can out pretty clear in the pic so zoom in for the details.

..... Project is now complete. VERY happy with these sacs.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/5E98BD97-6A1B-4B7E-8A45-CF0950FF9C1F-5488-0000019FA0B79319_zps4bdc2326.jpg

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/58DF0594-466F-4089-9017-BDDF5F0D7051-5488-000001A490FF00CC_zpsabd20e66.jpg

Awesome. I'm going to try this. Did you get the clear sac from Pendemonium? What size is it?

• 2 months later...

I just got my clear sacs and shellac. Alas, the sacs are locked up until Monday but rest assured that there will be heavy sacing of my Kawecos on Monday morning. One of my Kawecos is white, so it won't be a demonstrator, BUT the other one (bought because I thought my beloved white Kaweco was lost...it turned up in a book though months later...the lost lamb found). So, my feeling of 'meh' regarding the clear body orange see through cap Kaweco will be turned into great happiness with a see through sac.

Sometimes I think my association with all of you on FPN has reduced me to a blithering idiot.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK done. Thanks for the excellent video. Did this last night on a lackluster clear body Kaweco with a brilliant orange top. Works like a charm. Nifty loads of ink, easy to fill, can see my ink supply, cheap and easy. What's not to like? Thank you, Earthdawn. The Kaweco writes like a wonder every time. I just wish that more pens were as good. Heck, it's not like we just discovered fountain pens. Kawaco has so many beat! I am just so irrationally proud of this little sac filler now. Thanks!!!

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Fabienne, do a Google for Kaweco sport art series.

:)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-especially the blue or purple one

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What do you think, could one use a Pli-Glass (PVC) sac for this conversion? Like the ones in Parker "51" Aerometrics.

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

What do you think, could one use a Pli-Glass (PVC) sac for this conversion? Like the ones in Parker "51" Aerometrics.

I don't see why they wouldn't work but I am no expert.

The first one I made is still working believe it or not. Though the end is not as snug as it was... time will eventually wear it out.

I see the Anderson's have the pre-made ones as well. I guess it really was a pretty good idea.

http://www.andersonpens.com/Kaweco-Squeeze-Converter-p/kwsqc.htm