The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Two Losses And One Gain.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:15

I was bidding on some Esties on ebay last night. I missed out on two of them by being outbid with seconds to go :crybaby: but was lucky on my third attempt. :clap1:
This is the one I managed to grab and it's now on its way to me. Hope it's a good'un and I hope members here got the other two!
[attachment=182009:$(KGrHqR,!q4FDm3rluK3BRDucoplSg~~60_57.jpg]
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

Sponsored Content

#2 pandabirdy1

pandabirdy1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:44

I was bidding on some Esties on ebay last night. I missed out on two of them by being outbid with seconds to go :crybaby: but was lucky on my third attempt. :clap1:
This is the one I managed to grab and it's now on its way to me. Hope it's a good'un and I hope members here got the other two!
[attachment=182009:$(KGrHqR,!q4FDm3rluK3BRDucoplSg~~60_57.jpg]

It looks very handsome! Posted Image
I'm also waiting on a blue estie from FPN, an SJ.
Do you know which nib is coming with the pen?

#3 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because I've focused my ebay scouring now more on finding certain nibs instead of just an Estie with any old nib. I don't want, for example, six pens all with the same nib (unless it's a nib I really like). Two or three is fine, but not much more than that.

#4 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:50

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because I've focused my ebay scouring now more on finding certain nibs instead of just an Estie with any old nib. I don't want, for example, six pens all with the same nib (unless it's a nib I really like). Two or three is fine, but not much more than that.

It's a 9461 fine nib. Haven't got one so I'm happy. :happyberet:
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#5 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 13:26

The pen looks beautiful. Is it a J? The 9461 manifold fine is a nice strong fine. A nice one to have.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

#6 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 14:17

The pen looks beautiful. Is it a J? The 9461 manifold fine is a nice strong fine. A nice one to have.

Yes - it is a J and has a new sac and J-bar.
Philippians 4.8

#7 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 19:16

Good deal all around then- restored pen and a new (to you) nib!

Sponsored Content

|