#21 EKE

EKE

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:50

Yes, I do match pen and ink colors. I used to feel a little guilty about it, thinking that it was a bit obsessive and fussy. You all have made me feel better. :roflmho:

Posted Image

Also in my quiver this week: My Levenger True Writer with Quink Washable Blue

Posted Image
Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

#22 taliesin

taliesin

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 18:51

I've been looking for a purple that matches my Lamy Studio. I think Diamine Imperial Purple pretty much does the job.

Posted Image
purple by deep sea knitter, on Flickr

#23 akustyk

akustyk

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2013 - 23:49

Great thread! I usually don't do that, since most my pens are black, but this is an intentional pairing:
Posted Image
My pens: Montblanc 146 F, Montblanc 14 F, Montblanc 344 M, Visconti HS M, Aurora 88 Large EF, Pelikan M800 EF, Sailor 1911 Realo M, Omas Paragon EF, Bexley Corona F Stub, Visconti Opera Elements EF, TWSBI Mini EF, Platinum 3776 CI, Sailor 1911M MS.

#24 iveyman

iveyman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2013 - 00:20

I also like to match ink to pen colour, as much as possible. For example,I really like Monblanc Irish Green ink and I consciouly went out and acquired a ST Dupont Forest Green, XL Montparnasse pen, with beautiful green Chinese lacquer and fill the pen with the irish green ink. I reserve the pen for writing christmas cards, thank you notes, happy notes to friends and relatives etc.

Another example, I just acquired a Waterman Patrician Moss Agate pen and I am thinking of inking it with either 1) Diamine Sepia ink or 2) Montblanc Irish Green ink to go with the colour of the pen (green and brown, Moss Agate).

Edited by iveyman, 18 March 2013 - 00:22.

#25 maryannemoll

maryannemoll

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:05

I like Apple Green Lamy Safari with Diamine Apple Glory.

Posted Image

I loaded my Lamy safari 2012 Green with Diamine Kelly Green. It's really cute!

Posted Image

Here are some of my other pen-and-ink combos. I make it a point to match the ink color to the pen color so I'll know which pen to pick up at any given time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have more, but I haven't taken photos of them yet. Will get around to it this week. :)

I love colors! I have a thread on matching pens and inks here.

Here is sumgaikid's safari.. from 2007!

Posted Image
Lamy Safari with Noodler's Blue Ghost Ink by sumgaikid, on Flickr

Tony

I have this combination as well. :)

Edited by maryannemoll, 18 March 2013 - 02:51.

#26 iveyman

iveyman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:33

I also like to match ink to pen colour, as much as possible. For example,I really like Monblanc Irish Green ink and I consciouly went out and acquired a ST Dupont Forest Green, XL Montparnasse pen, with beautiful green Chinese lacquer and fill the pen with the irish green ink. I reserve the pen for writing christmas cards, thank you notes, happy notes to friends and relatives etc.

Another example, I just acquired a Waterman Patrician Moss Agate pen and I am thinking of inking it with either 1) Diamine Sepia ink or 2) Montblanc Irish Green ink to go with the colour of the pen (green and brown, Moss Agate).

Another example I have is with my Classic Pen's Flame Red LE pen. It has beautiful red colour for the pen and I ink it with Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock red ink. Beautiful pairing of pen and ink. I would love to post some photos like the other posters, but unfortunately it appears I have used up my allowed upload space and therefore I cannot post any more photos. Don't have other means of increasing the upload space, except may be try setting up a new FPN account with another user ID.

The issue with using Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock ink is that it is a limited edition ink and is getting harder and harder to find. I only have 4 bottles in my stock pile. My back up plan it to ink the Classic Flame Red pen with Iroshizuku's Yama-Budo ink. Not a perfect match, but close enough.

Edited by iveyman, 18 March 2013 - 02:41.

#27 Pennata Penna

Pennata Penna

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:12

9251822913_5dca1175cc_z.jpg

LAMY Platinum Grey Studio and Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite are spot on together, I reckon.

Tony

Pie pellicane Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo Sanguine – St Thomas Aquinas
"ON THE PLEASURE OF TAKING UP ONE'S PEN", Hilaire Belloc