Have You Ever Considered Stopping From Buying More Pens?

rochester21

143 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever considered stopping from buying more pens?

• Yes, at some point, but i got over it.
    • Sometimes i think about stopping/
    • Wish i could stop, but i can`t.
    • No, not really- i always enjoy buying pens

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maryannemoll

• 79spitfire

• dickydotcom

• mirosc

Yes, I have considered. No, I haven't be able to follow through that thought. There's always that one more pen, that LE design, that really special nib I NEED TO HAVE.

For now, I'm getting the Namiki Falcon and then no more pens because I'll be saving for a vintage flex (Waterman 52 1/2v is what I'm aiming for) and after that, no more buys because my goal is a Nakaya. So, spaced in time, but I don't think my collection is close to complete, at all.

At least, that's the plan ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

http://365drawings.wordpress.com

I am sorry I couldn't vote but I considered it, did it, never got over it, and haven't bought a pen in more than five years. I have three Pelikan M8xxs, other than color, there is no need for another pen.

Well I just started this hobby (addiction?). I really enjoy the pens I have now (3), but I am a college student. I have been contemplating ordering a Pilot Vanishing Point. I want the Matte Black, the 2012 LE, and the Raden. So those will be my next 3 pen purchases. After that I will probably say I will stop until I go looking around at Goulet's, get on here and read different things, or search "fountain pens" on eBay B)

WHAT !!!! You %$""" ng **+@@. This is just the ""$^&* ARRRGH!!!!! Think this helps you %&^^^*(((

SHOVE YER POLE !!!

er no. i keep buying

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I don't need any more pens.

Dear Dick,

thank you for handing in your exercise. Unfortunately I have to suspect that this was just a matter of copy and paste and thus will have no effect. Please show that in handwriting, so that I can't believe in your sincerity regarding this matter. Besides: your job was to write a hundred times "I must not need any more pens."

Furthermore I'd like to see your parents in my office hours to talk about your attitude.

Best regards,

your teacher

:ltcapd:

I'll stop collecting pens when Lamy stops releasing LE colours.

Safari collector, italic nib and cheap pen evangelist.

Wanted: De Atramentis Magic Alchemist (also Magic Boarding School or Wizard)

Yes, I'm in divestiture mode. I'm not a collector, per se, and I have my daily writers. That's not to say I don't have pens I take out now and then and ink up, though.

There's only one pen I'd like to have, a New Dunn with a gold nib, but it seems that something necessary always comes along and takes my money.

I stop buying pens regularly!

Seriously, I had a couple of old school pens (a Sheaffer and a Parker) when I joined here 6 months ago. I got interested, so I bought a few Chinese pens, then a couple of European/US moderate priced pens, then a couple Indian pens. Then I bought some calligraphy pens and some for my sketching kit - and thought that was enough...

And now I have discovered the joy of vintage pens with gold nibs - its a slippery slope.

In 6 months I have acquired 54 pens. I can only agree with Plume145 -

The trick is to cull and rotate. Cull, as in go through your pens every once in a while and take out the ones you don't use much or don't like much and get rid of them. Give them to people to get them into fountain pens or sell them here, whatever.

And don't get me started on inks ... :roflmho:

I like owning fountain pens.

I like using fountain pens.

I like buying fountain pens.

I like looking at fountain pens.

I like sitting next to my fountain pens.

I like carrying fountain pens.

I like restoring fountain pens.

I like buying ink for my fountain pens.

Is that enough excuses??

Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes.

Many are possessed by the incurable urge to write.

Juvenal

Stop collecting PENS?

BLASPHEMY! Nail him to the Cross!

What? And ruin a perfectly good Cross?

XDHAHA!

"You know, fire is the leading cause of fire." -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

"Inflammable means flammable!?..." -Dr. Nick Riviera

Come to think about it, I thought about not eating...

It was so I could buy more... (wait for it....) PENS!

I'm getting fatter, and pens keep showing up, so yea, it really didn't go as planned....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

fpn_1360664035__lines1.jpg

Now that IS priceless!

Incredible work, and so well done!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've never expected to see such a great reply and it knocked my socks off completely!

It made my day.

I would have liked to send you an appropriate reply, but unfortunately my newly bought pen hasn't arrived yet :-)

Greetings,

Michael

I doubt I will ever stop from buying fountain pens, but I'm somewhat selective. I got an E-mail from Goulet Pens today that featured a Noodler's Konrad in Narwal, a limited edition color. My first instinct was "I want." However, after I clicked on the link to see it, I looked at the pen and said, "Meh." It will not be joining my collection.

After my first Noodler's binge, I've gotten selective. I want a certain color, or a certain model, or a certain filling mechanism. I even rewarded myself for finishing a project by purchasing a Pilot Custom 823. But, I won't buy a pen unless there is a reason I want it beyond "I want." My collection is likely to grow slowly now, except for the occasional Preppy purchase.

I'm getting there with inks too. There are a lot that "I want", but I have to be realistic as to what I will use.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I'll never stop. But then I'm not a pen collector or otherwise obsessive buyer. I only own a handful of pens and am undecided on what's next on the list (or if I'll buy one this year).

Nope, but I know when I need to put a stop especially when there are much more important priorities

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Yes, I have.

I called several members of FPN, who talked me out of it.

Bless 'em all !

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I'm sorry; I fail to understand the question.

What is this "stop buying more pens" you speak of? :hmm1:

:roflmho:

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Dear Dick,

thank you for handing in your exercise. Unfortunately I have to suspect that this was just a matter of copy and paste and thus will have no effect. Please show that in handwriting, so that I can't believe in your sincerity regarding this matter. Besides: your job was to write a hundred times "I must not need any more pens."

Furthermore I'd like to see your parents in my office hours to talk about your attitude.

Best regards,

your teacher

:roflmho: This exchange just made my morning. :ltcapd:

+1 :ltcapd:

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, it's been quite a while since I bought a pen, and I suspect it will be a long time again before I do.

I have my dream pen (times 30 or so) -- a nice Triumph nibbed Snorkel. I've wanted one since I was able to read and saw them in ads in National Geographic (which should give you a hint of my age!).

The only other pen I might want is a Parker 75, but since they are cartridge/converter pens I can't work up much enthusiasm.

I certainly have more than enough pens (and ink) to keep me happy the rest of my life, more pens I do not need.

Don't need any watches or cameras either.

Peter