The Incredible Jinhao X750

Penne Stilografiche

I wholly agree.

When I got my Jinhao X750, I was given a YOUTUBE LINK in the INVOICE!! This link tells us how to wash a fountain pen for its first use.

If you just went "ummmmm.... wash a pen for first use? Doh!" then you MUST see the video too.

Above all, it utilises a dishwasher fluid (a drop), 2 glasses, paper napkins and capillary action to soak out all things that can block the converter.

Result? It writes everytime. On the first time. Without any shaking of the pen or trying it out first.

Cleaning the fountain pen for your first use. So very true.

Cheers!

Could you provide the Youtube link, so readers can view these instructions?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EBUCKTHORN

• Penne Stilografiche

• kemuri

• Tinta Verde

I wholly agree.

When I got my Jinhao X750, I was given a YOUTUBE LINK in the INVOICE!! This link tells us how to wash a fountain pen for its first use.

If you just went "ummmmm.... wash a pen for first use? Doh!" then you MUST see the video too.

Above all, it utilises a dishwasher fluid (a drop), 2 glasses, paper napkins and capillary action to soak out all things that can block the converter.

Result? It writes everytime. On the first time. Without any shaking of the pen or trying it out first.

Cleaning the fountain pen for your first use. So very true.

Cheers!

Could you provide the Youtube link, so readers can view these instructions?

I believe, this is the video you're inquiring about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKVykcNP6M

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I've got an X750 in black Shimmering Sands in my eBay cart, waiting to pull the trigger (just bought a Noodler's Ahab, Black Swan in Australian Roses ink, spare seals, and silicone grease yesterday from the Goulet Pen Company)... gotta give that some time to fade from the CEO's memory before I buy anything else ;-/ I was looking at other X750's when I came across this weird-looking thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUNTAIN-PEN-JINHAO-X750-CALLIGRAPHY-NIB-MATTE-BLACK-SILVERY-JJ312-/290827105903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b6a5766f

. Get a load of that bird-beak nib! Is that a mistake or what? How's that supposed to work... upside down? I don't get it! Anybody tried one of these??

Yes, I have something similar, it was called a calligraphy nib or fude nib. The line thickness varies with the angle of the pen to the paper. Upside down, as you suggest, you would get a very fine line. They are fun to write with, but it takes some getting used to. This one seems nice, I prefer them when the pen has a little weight. I understand they are supposed to somewhat replicate the experience of writing with a brush (Chinese characters).

HTH.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Hi Folks,

I've got an X750 in black Shimmering Sands in my eBay cart, waiting to pull the trigger (just bought a Noodler's Ahab, Black Swan in Australian Roses ink, spare seals, and silicone grease yesterday from the Goulet Pen Company)... gotta give that some time to fade from the CEO's memory before I buy anything else ;-/ I was looking at other X750's when I came across this weird-looking thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUNTAIN-PEN-JINHAO-X750-CALLIGRAPHY-NIB-MATTE-BLACK-SILVERY-JJ312-/290827105903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b6a5766f

. Get a load of that bird-beak nib! Is that a mistake or what? How's that supposed to work... upside down? I don't get it! Anybody tried one of these??

Yes these are calligraphy nibs but not western calligraphy, they are supposed to replicate brush strokes so you can adjust the variation of the line thickness by holding the pen at different angles. This is made for writing Hanzi(Chinese characters) and Kanji(Japanese Characters) and many artists like to draw with these pens. Many people buy these thinking they can write in italic or gothic but this is a mistake. There neat but if you never wrote with a brush vertically before then this can be a little hard to get used to

Very nice review!

I just got two of these in my mail today. One silver and one totally black.

I've inked the black one and it's an amazing pen. Good balance and the ink flow just fine.

Thanks!

-kemuri

i have been taken to task on several occasions by saying that they have for the price THE BEST NIBS IN THE WORLD, think about it before you reply to me.

Ok, I thought about it. You're wrong, but that's perfectly fine.

I have to wonder, though: just how many great pens with great nibs you've tried over the years? Hmmm?

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

The OP says the nib has some semi-flex to it now I have a Jinhao x750 in silver and I have the silver nib like the one in the photo of the cream colored one bulbboy posted and I have seen both of the nibs on the same nibs sometimes so maybe one is older than the other but anyways mine is smooth and I like it a lot but it does not offer any semi-flexibility and even though flexibility is subjective to the user I'm curious if maybe the OP just got lucky and got a semi-flexible nib or if maybe his version is more springier than mine in which case I'll likely be purchasing one with the OP's nib.

Also I'd say the nib is pretty good for the price but I will say this, there is only one nib size so while someone may think it's the best nib for the price that is to be taken lightly for many people like nibs of very different sizes so this pen will only cater to the person that likes a medium sized nib so for me this is the not the best nib for the price and I would say the Pilot 78G which comes in fine, med, broad, and stub(BB) is the best for the price which is around $10 but also the best nib for the price is also higly subjective to what the user likes in a nib so really I'm sure there are a million different answers none of them right.

Sold!

On the basis of this review I've ordered a calligraphy nib x750 - I've been wanting to try the Chinese calligraphy nib, and didn't know one could be bought so cheaply.

Instagram @inkysloth

Sold!

On the basis of this review I've ordered a calligraphy nib x750 - I've been wanting to try the Chinese calligraphy nib, and didn't know one could be bought so cheaply.

I bought two of these for $7,79. Free international shipping. No tracking, though...

-Kemuri

Mine in ivory has just arrived. Cleaned as per the video and loaded with Noodler's Borealis Black. Nib is indescribably smooth. Like a warm knife thru butter.

I have two from eBay: black and silver. Looks like 300$ pens. Indestructible.

I just wonder is there any converter with higher amount of ink that could be used on Jinhao X750. Any suggestions?

Am I right to understand that all the X750s (and in fact, all the X___s) on xfountainpens.com are Jinhaos?

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

Am I right to understand that all the X750s (and in fact, all the X___s) on xfountainpens.com are Jinhaos?

Yes, those at xfp are rebranded Jinhaos.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

I just wonder is there any converter with higher amount of ink that could be used on Jinhao X750. Any suggestions?

After some time using them I'm having the same issue...

-Kemuri

• 1 month later...

After some time using them I'm having the same issue...

-Kemuri

I have this problem with all converter pens. I was thinking about buying a Visconti traveling inkpot, but then I realized that plastic coin tubes work just as well and are about $1.00 each.

http://www.usahobby.com/coins/cointubes.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

I have this problem with all converter pens. I was thinking about buying a Visconti traveling inkpot, but then I realized that plastic coin tubes work just as well and are about $1.00 each.

http://www.usahobby.com/coins/cointubes.jpg

That's a very nice solution!

Thanks! I'll think about it!

-Kemuri

Hi guys

Another thumbs up from me for these Jinhao pens, I have quite a few of them in my collection, it was these pens that started me of collecting pens in te first place., x450, x750, x159, 1200 and a few others I can remember the model numbers of.

most of them cost £5.99 from China and that even included delivery. How do they do It for that price and still makea profit.

every one of my pen are very well made and all the nibs are very smooth and wet.

i bet if te same pens came from a europien or American maker we all would happily pay £200 plus for them, especially their 159.

paul

Hello to All,

I have two (2) X750s at present.

I needed to do some firkling with the feed and nib to get the flow correct, but after that they have proven to superb writers.

A good, solid, well made pen; the fit and finish on mine are excellent :)

A bargain at 10.00 GBP (ca. 16 USD).

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ