The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bookworm 702 - Acrylic Beauty

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:05

Hello, itís my first review in English and on FPN. I hope youíll find this useful.

I have a strong penchant for saturated colors and acrylic fountain pens. The most beautiful acrylic pen that I have is Tenny Fall, however, I managed to buy much cheaper, decent and well-made fountain pen made of metal combined with acrylic. The pen is Bookworm 702 produced by Yiren company.

Posted Image

It is available in three colors. Blue was my first choice, however Iíve gathered all three color variants (Blue, Orange, Black).

Because itís body is made of metal, the pen is quite heavy (approximately 30 g). However, it suits my hand really well. The items are well fit. Above all, blue acrylic really draws attention - I enjoy it immensely. Actually, I bought it just because of the color.

Ratings:

Appearance / design: 7.5 / 10 - I like the combination of blue acrylic, black and silver elements. As I mentioned I have a penchant for acrylic. Acrylic is semi-transparent - in good light you can see converter through it.
Performance / Quality: 8/10 - the pen is solid and well made. The parts are well fit. I didnít notice any manufacturing defects.

Posted Image

Weight / dimensions: 8.5 / 10 - Pen measures 13 cm without the cap, 14 cm with the cap. As I mentioned it weighs about 30 grams compared and, compared to plastic pens from my collection (Sheaffer 330, Pilot 78g, different models of Hero), seems heavy. Pen diameter at its widest point is approximately 1.3 cm, 0.8 cm at its narrowest.

Nib: 7.5 / 10 - The nib is described as the Bookworm Ė it is made of steel, plated with twenty-two carat gold. It writes smoothly.

Posted Image

Filling System: 9/10 - Converter / cartridges. Everythingís OK.

Cost / quality: 9/10 The pen is fairly cheap and, in the same time, nicely made. Highly recommended for that price (around 8 $).

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 17:47

:W2FPN: A good review and a nice pen. Could we see a writing sample?

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 20:29

Here you are:

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|