• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heymatthew

• MrsGouletPens

• maryannemoll

• kpyeoman

Well... I was going to guess Bexley until we got the hint that it's an import brand.

Hmm. Stipula? That would be cool.

OK, I'm out of ideas.

I just noticed that Goulet doesn't carry Visconti pens or ink. I'd like an easy place to try Visconti ink (I don't have any of their pens on my current wish list), and a Goulet sample would be perfect. Probably just wishful thinking, but we'll know soon enough.

Never mistake motion for action

- E. Hemingway

P. W. Akkerman ink !!!! lol :puddle:

It's getting later and we are all impatient :clap1:

Don't even tease us like that! Akkerman in the USA would be impossibly grand. (Hint to the Goulets!)

Tomoe River! I like this idea a lot!

Wancher pens? ( :embarrassed_smile: )

Or that Tomoe River paper everyone seems to want. That'd be the logical choice.

Perhaps Faber-Castell? I've seen them at the U of WA bookstore's FP shop, but nowhere else online or in person in the USA.

ETA: Also, perhaps Bexley? They're not exactly rare, but they're not in every corner store either.

Ooooo!!! I think we have a winner with Faber Castell! It is very difficult to find from non-European retailers. Also a good selection of non-fp products. Fingers crossed!

I am guessing the Nomadic pen cases that are only on Jetpens now.

That would be awesome. I LOVE those things.

OR...Pharmacist inks, maybe?

Edited by marigolds

Don't even tease us like that! Akkerman in the USA would be impossibly grand. (Hint to the Goulets!)

That would be wonderful. When I was wandering around the Dallas Pen Show, I saw one of those distinctive bottles... I might have snagged it, even though it was pricey, but by the time I came back around it was already gone.

It's not Akkerman, and I don't know if we'll ever get it. It's just a brand made for a single retailer; for them to start distributing it wholesale and shipping overseas.. if they were even willing to ever do that, it would likely double the cost. I just don't see them doing that. But you know I would jump all over the opportunity if possible!

Delta isn't a new brand; we can already special order those. Too expensive to stock the full line now, but we are already an authorized retailer.

Faber Castell sounds interesting.... I'll have to look into them more. It's not them.

Tomoe River is also really appealing to me. I got a few sheets to try and it's really interesting! I need to track down the manufacturer and see what kind of distribution they can do for us. I have NO idea if we'll be able to sell it for less than a ream, or what kind of cost we'd have to charge. But yeah, not them.

Good guesses though, but no one has said it yet. :roflmho:

I just assumed it was Sula Jane & Earl pen sheaves, since she said she was doing something with a retailer. But those are available very easily on her website and always mentioned in Market Watch, so I guess I'm wrong. But I'm in a saving-not-spending mode anyway. :)

Edited by Laura N

One thing I've noticed that is missing from Goulet's line up is brush pens, other than Noodler's, which I've always thought rather strange since the Goulets already have one of the biggest selections of ink and paper available online.

So I'm guessing brush pens. Kuretake, or Pentel, perhaps? These are stationery brands, not just pen brands.

Noodler's Singapore Series Ink Samples for sale... check out the classifieds!

Isn't that a character on "Downton Abbey"? Anyway, I always thought it would be cool if someone could make a pen out of the blue plastic wrap they use. People would get their packages and never know when to stop unwrapping until it was too late.

Eh, I have to leave for work, so here's the end of the silly answers. Frankly, I'm not sure what I'd like to see, just something that will help continue their sales and be good for the Goulet's. It would be interesting if they could become the US distributor for the Italix line of pens, though.That probably doesn't make much sense on a business level, but that is a pen I'd like to see in wider distribution.

You and me both! I would LOVE to be able to get the Parson's Essential and Churchman's Prescriptor here in the US. Of course, they also have other pens like the Teacher's pen, but I don't thnk that's really my cup o tea. Brian, Rachel- I hope you check into that too!

It's Friday!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

It's not Akkerman, and I don't know if we'll ever get it. It's just a brand made for a single retailer; for them to start distributing it wholesale and shipping overseas.. if they were even willing to ever do that, it would likely double the cost. I just don't see them doing that. But you know I would jump all over the opportunity if possible!

Delta isn't a new brand; we can already special order those. Too expensive to stock the full line now, but we are already an authorized retailer.

Faber Castell sounds interesting.... I'll have to look into them more. It's not them.

Tomoe River is also really appealing to me. I got a few sheets to try and it's really interesting! I need to track down the manufacturer and see what kind of distribution they can do for us. I have NO idea if we'll be able to sell it for less than a ream, or what kind of cost we'd have to charge. But yeah, not them.

Good guesses though, but no one has said it yet. :roflmho:

Darn. Had my hopes up for this, but still looking forward to the big reveal. I think you guys would have good luck selling the Basic, Ondoro, and Ambition (maybe even the Loom and the e-Motion). They seem like solid, attractive, smooth writing pens that offer opportunities at different price points.

Have a good weekend!