New Brand At Goulet Pens On Friday?

heymatthew

I got the recent newsletter from the cool kids over at Goulet Pen Co. They mentioned a new brand coming on Friday... Anybody want to speculate about what brand it is? I'd be interested to know what you all would like to see them carry.

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heymatthew

• MrsGouletPens

• skysora

• airborne18th

BIC ballpoints. Lots of them. Cheap.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

BIC ballpoints. Lots of them. Cheap.

Well... If that's the case, I hope they sell the Lady BIC. :D

Isn't that a character on "Downton Abbey"? Anyway, I always thought it would be cool if someone could make a pen out of the blue plastic wrap they use. People would get their packages and never know when to stop unwrapping until it was too late.

Eh, I have to leave for work, so here's the end of the silly answers. Frankly, I'm not sure what I'd like to see, just something that will help continue their sales and be good for the Goulet's. It would be interesting if they could become the US distributor for the Italix line of pens, though.That probably doesn't make much sense on a business level, but that is a pen I'd like to see in wider distribution.

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Sailor?

That would be my guess... Although, I'd like to see them carry more of the Pelikan line rather than just the entry level school pens.

I agree about Pelikan. I know there are a lot of places that carry them, but I try to support the Goulets and the Andersons whenever I can because they have such a connection with the community.

Sailor would be nice though.

Edited by chad.trent

I would love if they started to carry Pelikan! More than the school pens of course

I recall that some time ago (two years?) they started to carry higher end models of Pelikans, but whether it was the large price hikes or that it just didn't hit the right demographics in terms of their customers, seems like it didn't work out. They will special order the pens though.

New brand ... Sailor's a good possibility. Maybe Delta?

Looking for an Omas Arco Verde...the one that got away.

IIRC, GPC carried one or two models of Sailor pens in the mid-part of last year. They closed out the stock pretty quickly, so I'm assuming it was due to lack of sales.

I think Delta is a good guess.

They only recently stopped carrying more of The Pelikans. I had an M200 on a Pinterest "wish/gift list" and only recently discovered that the link to the Goulet site was dead. I asked Brian and he said they decided not to regularly carry the full line. This was on 12/1/12. I don't see them bringing it right back.

Hint: it is a NEW brand to us, and actually not very readily available in the US at all.

So, it is definitely not Pelikan or Sailor (which, by the way, we used to carry and dropped for various reasons, though we DO still special order higher-end Pelikan pens frequently).

And, it may or may not be a pen brand. I mean, we are the Goulet PEN Company. But we also carry complementary things. Just saying. :roflmho:

Edited by MrsGouletPens

I agree about Pelikan. I know there are a lot of places that carry them, but I try to support the Goulets and the Andersons whenever I can because they have such a connection with the community.

Sailor would be nice though.

Connection with the community?? It is called marketing, and yeah I would have a strong connection too if I profited from it. Yeah I would love this site too if I were in the business, you can adveritise for free and people are loyal if you just show up. and they even get to give advice on products they happen to sell.

I deal with goulet because they have great service. And I would rather they didn't try to go head to head and invest money into inventory that will hurt their business. The way some of these brands have setup US distribution I would almost prefer not buying them in the US where the price is higher and the warranty service is more difficult.

I think they should carry some of the accessories like Nomadic and some of the paper you can't get from everyone else.

Your life really starts when you buy your first Dupont fountain pen; so stop aimlessly wandering through life and buy a Dupont!

Paralyzed US Army Paratrooper - All The Way!

Hint: it is a NEW brand to us, and actually not very readily available in the US at all.

So, it is definitely not Pelikan or Sailor (which, by the way, we used to carry and dropped for various reasons, though we DO still special order higher-end Pelikan pens frequently).

And, it may or may not be a pen brand. I mean, we are the Goulet PEN Company. But we also carry complementary things. Just saying. :roflmho:

I'm going to guess... pen wraps or cases. (maybe that's just wishful thinking)

Or an ink brand? Anybody know of one that isn't easily available in the U.S.?

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Perhaps Faber-Castell? I've seen them at the U of WA bookstore's FP shop, but nowhere else online or in person in the USA.

ETA: Also, perhaps Bexley? They're not exactly rare, but they're not in every corner store either.

Edited by tripcode