FPN Quick Navigation
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Skyline With Over The Top Clip, But No Cap Band And No Double Check
Posted 02 February 2013 - 21:14
1. It does not have a cap band at all.
2. It has the usual over-the-top clip, but there is no double-check emblem imprinted, just Eversharp
The band around the base of the derby is imprinted Eversharp Skyline like all other Skylines. The nib is a first generation "banner" nib with the teardrop around the breather hold/slit. It is probably early production because of that style nib and also because it has the type of derby that screws off the top of the cap, not the one piece derby/inner cap that is much more common.
I have examples of the "Streamliner" which was the low end of the line, but they don't have the over-the-top clip, nor do they have the "banner" style nib. So, this does not seem to be a Streamliner.
I can understand that there could have been a very bottom of the Skyline lineup that had no cap band, but the lack of a double-check on the clip is confusing.
Can anyone tell me what model this is, when it was made, etc.??
Posted 03 February 2013 - 19:23
You are correct in that my pen looks like an all black version of the "Modern Stripe" pen with no cap band. The Modern Stripe pens did have the over-the-top clip and they did not have the double check imprint, BUT they also came with a different nib. Their nib was a smaller Eversharp nib without any of the banner markings on it. My pen has a first generation banner nib and matching feed.
I think your pen model is pictured on this page:
The banner nib is the real sticking point for me. I realize that it could be a repair job and not original to the pen. So, I'm still looking for some evidence that says the exact combination of components that are on my pen is actually a true model put out by the factory.
Thanks for your input.