The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Online Lefty Review

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robinkeys

Robinkeys

Pen Geek

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 23:41

First impressions: This is an understated-looking German school pen. It is very light, and is obviously designed for posting the cap.

Appearance and Design (9.5/10): The pen has a very industrial look to it, and uses very understated black matte finish. The silver-colored trims add some style to the pen, but it is not so flashy that it screams "Hey, I'm a fancy pen!". Like I mentioned before, the pen is very light. The clip is curved like the clips on Visconti pens. The back of the cap reads "GERMANY" and on the crown of the cap you can see the word "ONLINE". The silver-colored trims feel like plastic, which sort of threw me off. If the company had used any metal, I would have been completely satisfied. The back of the pen has a ring for posting, like the Parker Vector. The curved clip reads "LEFTY" in bubble letters.

Construction and Quality (9/10): The pen is very light, and the silver-colored trims appear to be plastic. This, to me, reflects cheapness, and the pen would have felt more solid with metal trims. However, it is a pen that i would not be afraid to drop. Despite its light weight, it is certainly a very sturdy pen.

Weight and Dimensions (8/10): The pen, as has been stated before, is very light; light almost to the point of being too light. It is not too light to be uncomfortable, though, and is still comfortable to write with. the pen measures about 14.3 cm long capped, 13.4 cm long uncapped, and 17.5 cm long posted. The pen posts comfortably, but you can feel a significant weight change.

Nib and Performance (10/10): The nib is like a piece of cloud. It is buttery smooth and writes like pure heaven. It is a plain, unornamented steel nib with the words "ONLINE Iridium Point Germany" stamped on it. It puts down a wet line and works well on most papers.

Filling System and Maintenance (10/10): The pen is a typical cartridge/converter fill. It takes standard international carts and converters. I have not used a converter yet, but I am using an ONLINE Brown cartridge, and that works very well. Both cartridges and converters fit very well into the pen and do not run any risk of falling out.

Cost and Value (10/10): This pen cost around 14 Euros (I got it as a gift from someone who went to Germany), and it is definitely great value for the price. The nib is buttery smooth, and the pen is perfectly balanced in the hand.

Final score (56.5/60): This pen is very nice-looking, writes like a dream, is well-balanced, and is great value for price. It is a very nice pen and I intend to keep it in rotation for a long, long time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"One's greatness is defined not only by their deeds, but also by the pen they carry."

My YouTube Channel: InkyJoys

Inky Meanderings: my pen, paper and ink blog 

Best Non-FP user line ever: "Is that a calligraphy pen?"

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|