The Pilot Somes Collection Of Leather Pen Cases

penmanila

^i was about to say that if you held one in your hand, you'd instantly understand that you spent your money well. nothing to do with snobbery or cachet, etc.--it's just a really well-made case, not just beautiful but tough.

i've also seen the 3-pen case sell recently on ebay for $72.50 buy-it-now--that's nearly $50 off the original price.

Check out my blog and my pens

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmanila

• Inked

• da vinci

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^i was about to say that if you held one in your hand, you'd instantly understand that you spent your money well. nothing to do with snobbery or cachet, etc.--it's just a really well-made case, not just beautiful but tough.

i've also seen the 3-pen case sell recently on ebay for $72.50 buy-it-now--that's nearly $50 off the original price.

I fully agree, it is really well-made case and good looking as well.

Grtz,

Martin

Let the ink flow freely

I just received my 3 pen case a few minutes ago. I really like the beautiful, classic look. I got mine from J-Subculture. They have great prices, and quick shipping. I received it in less than a week. The case reminds me of a slide rule case from the 1950s or 1960s. Here's a photo I copied from the net to show what these cases looked like.

post-88273-0-39030000-1434727009_thumb.jpg

post-88273-0-13907600-1434803477_thumb.jpg

Edited by NobleDel

i couldn't resist getting this 3-pen zippered case, especially when i saw it being sold for $120 (the original price of my smaller case!) on ebay, plus shipping from japan. i have to say that it's really the handsomest pen case i know; my small 3-pen one has served me well for 30 months now and it's aged very well, with nary a scuff.

what convinced me all the more was seeing this pic from rakuten, which shows that i can slip a rhodia notepad into the case:
http://image.rakuten.co.jp/buneido/cabinet/pilot/pik0812_5.jpg
might take me another month to see this but that's all right--should be well worth the wait. imagine those slots with a hemingway, an agatha, and an oscar wilde in them ;)

When I bought myself the Namiki Falcon, with the Mottishaw mod, I wanted a case that would really protect it. I bought the 2 pen case, and have an Aurora 88 (vintage) sharing the ride with it. The case can take a pounding, is beautiful in its simplicity.

Since receiving this case from Subculture it has never been "put away!" I probably have purchased 2 dozen cases & usually they are kept in a drawer & removed for use. This one is just so perfect I am happy to keep it out with the "filled" pens & am always glad to notice it. I have no other case that I like as well & it is what makes leather goods appealing when their design & execution complements their purpose. It reminds me of leather tote I have carried for over 20 years. It has survived "drenching" moisture, abuse & more "mending" stitches than original but always looks good. I suspect this case will be another "survivor!"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay- this thread has put this case on my to buy list- looks like a nice semi rigid case

Okay- this thread has put this case on my to buy list- looks like a nice semi rigid case

You will NOT be sorry to receive THIS case. Mine is the two pen & I think it offers the most rigidity of any pen case I own. I have several Franklin Christophs, Pelikan, Faber Castell, Omas, Montblanc & Parker. The Onoto case is attractive & offers equal protection BUT is rather impractical being round in design. This one is attractive & although more expensive than many, if purchased from J Subculture is a good value for the price.

• 1 month later...

my pilot somes 3-pen zippered case arrived yesterday and it's a beauty--thick, soft, strong cowhide with straps that are large and sturdy enough to take my biggest and fattest pens, plus room to slip in a rhodia pad, and an inner pocket. not cheap, but worth every cent. this will be my traveling case from now on:

19736811794_966feecbe4_c.jpg

20333222556_d0cbe16f17_c.jpg

my pilot somes 3-pen zippered case arrived yesterday and it's a beauty--thick, soft, strong cowhide with straps that are large and sturdy enough to take my biggest and fattest pens, plus room to slip in a rhodia pad, and an inner pocket. not cheap, but worth every cent. this will be my traveling case from now on:

19736811794_966feecbe4_c.jpg

20333222556_d0cbe16f17_c.jpg

The Pilot Somes three pen case line is probably the best I've been fortunate to have, although I'm hoping to get one of the zippered versions above. What size Rhodia pad is that, A6 or A7?

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia