• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• amberleadavis

• dms525

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I have few pens on Stub nibs that deserves. to add in to this great Thread!

I am not really into stubs But to Fine line pens. But my latest add into my Pens collection is a Modern Music Stub By Salors. To be honest Today being my second day with this pen ( I received it just Yestaerday ;) ) I have decided to Grind it into a medium Cursive Italic OB . Reason is it skips a lot and behaves very badly. I have tried a Micro Mesh. to get some feed back but it is the worse nib I got from my pens. :(

post-140101-0-33797500-1521894958_thumb.jpg

My review of this pen is here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/334672-leonardo-officina-italiana-momento-zero-ebonite/?do=findComment&comment=4029696

David

Addendum: I just discovered that the much less expensive steel-nibbed version of the Momento Zero can be had with a stub nib. I ordered one from fontoplumo dot com. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Edited by dms525

http://sheismylawyer.com/2018-Ink/Pens/IMG_20180328_1238125.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Amberlea, I love that ink - how does it compare with Montblanc Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Encre du Desert)? And of course Bexley Stub nibs are invariably fantastic and among my favorites. As far as it looking too small, could it be seated to far into the section? DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Amberlea, I love that ink - how does it compare with Montblanc Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Encre du Desert)? And of course Bexley Stub nibs are invariably fantastic and among my favorites. As far as it looking too small, could it be seated to far into the section? DAVID

That is the cheapo Pelikan cartridge. I picked up some NOS at Pendemonium. It is very similar to MB's new Psychedelic Purple. AdSE is similar to the vintage burgundy.

As for the nib, I may want to put it into the Bexley, so I'll probably add another nib to this pen. I wish I knew who made it.

Meanwhile, I did a shout out to you: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/334972-inky-t-o-d-ink-pen-paper-and-handwriting-musings-1-which-nibs-attract-you-and-why/?do=findComment&comment=4034602

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Fantastic Waterman's stubbish OB/OBB nib:

40043553964_b27a1bc69c_k.jpg38959947240_f82df9ba2a_k.jpg

C.

This is the blue ink I'm looking for. Could I ask what manufacturer and color it is?

Did you see the shout out to you: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/334972-inky-t-o-d-ink-pen-paper-and-handwriting-musings-1-which-nibs-attract-you-and-why/?do=findComment&comment=4034474

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2018-Ink/2018-04/slides/2018-04-04_Ink_4.jpg

Did you see ...

Haha, yes I did, thanks for outing me as a purveyor of stub nibs! :P You remember I have a right of first refusal on that pen, don't you?!

Great nibs! I especially like to see them inked. :thumbup:

Can you tell us what is being used in that picture to hold your pens? It looks really interesting.

— Samuel Johnson

Haha, yes I did, thanks for outing me as a purveyor of stub nibs! :P You remember I have a right of first refusal on that pen, don't you?!

Can you tell us what is being used in that picture to hold your pens? It looks really interesting.

David, I have purchased four of them since then and love them all, but my favorite is the one from you. I haven't asked to be buried with it .....so if it ever leaves my hands, I'll tell the kids that it needs to go back to you.

It's a bamboo mat for rolling sushi that I bought

for a couple of bucks at my neighbourhood Japanese supermarket !

zQWg2Sz.jpg

jZgnW1k.jpg

Edited by tartuffo

It's a bamboo mat for rolling sushi that I bought

for a couple of bucks at my neighbourhood Japanese supermarket !

It looks great as a backdrop for photos! From an earlier shot I thought it was some sort of pen tray made of wood skewers, which turns out to be not for off the mark, but I really like the way it shows off your pens.

— Samuel Johnson

... I'll tell the kids that it needs to go back to you.

Need any help with legal language on that? ;)

— Samuel Johnson

Fantastic Waterman's stubbish OB/OBB nib:

40043553964_b27a1bc69c_k.jpg38959947240_f82df9ba2a_k.jpg

C.

That blue ink is exquisite. Which ink is it?

Cheers,David.

I am amazed at the handwriting so many of you have. It is truly artwork. Mine is ... something else.

post-402-0-16735100-1523981392_thumb.jpg

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Wow that pen is a beauty.

Wow that pen is a beauty.

Thanks. The pic really doesn't show it very well at all, I'm afraid. It's faceted with shimmering dark purple in the black. When the light hits it, the silver really pops, with the purple a nice secondary.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)