The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Chinese "noble" Fountain Pen Introduction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rochester21

rochester21

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:05

After waiting for about 6 weeks to get it, it finally came. On ebay it was named "Noble Large 41g green" fountain pen, but the seller, applely2019, has since replaced this models with others, so i`m not sure that this small review would be useful to anyone. But the pen is great, so why not?

1. Appearance and finish 4.5/5. This really must be one of the prettiest pens i have ever seen in real life. It has a marbled designed which is probably just a sticker, but it`s really well put together(can`t feel the edge). It has 4 goldish metal rings with a lovely geometrical pattern, slightly embossed into the surface. The clip has some floral patterns as well, and the finish is not perfect, but almost there.
Posted Image

2. Construction and size 4/5. The barrel is made from metal, along with the rings, and the cap is basically plastic. About 13.5 cm capped and 1.3 cm in diameter, and a fairly good weight to it. It feels solid in the hand, can`t be posted, but due to the weight and diameter of the barrel, it rests good in the hand without being capped. Another good thing is that the metal barrel does not have the tendency to unscrew by itself(not uncommon on low-end pens).

3. Nib and writing 4/5. Ok, now comes the surprise. This "Noble" fp is smooth. Smoother than my wing sung 380, 2007, my baoer 507. Also, it is a wet writer- actually, a bit too wet for my tastes, and this without any adjustment to the nib. The nib puts very little resistance on paper(always a sign of a quality nib) and has a bit of tooth, but nothing serious. It puts down a medium wet line- i would have preferred a more finer line, but the nib was described as being a medium, so it`s all good.
It has been a solid performer ever since i first filled it with ink, so far it didn`t even dry out when left uncapped like some other chinese pens do.
Posted Image

4. Filling system and price. The Noble takes standard cartridges and comes with a better than average twist converter. The price, including shipping, was about 8 dollars, and for the money i got a very colored and beautiful pen, which on top of that actually writes well. My intention was to buy another, but i noticed that the ebay seller changed the line of models, this is the original link:
http://www.ebay.com/...8-/200849128767

Posted Image

Edited by rochester21, 22 January 2013 - 16:39.

Sponsored Content

#2 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:36

thanx for the review! i'm not sure i like it, but i find the design very interesting. :hmm1:

#3 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:26

Looks like the same printed barrel colouration as I hated on my Huashilai 2210. Interesting pen, but I doubt I'll get one.

Regards,

Richard.

#4 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:02

Thanks for the review. Love the green and gold combo! If these were still on sale I would probably buy one.

#5 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 23:10

A Chinese pen I have not seen before. Thanks for sharing. I recognize the section and like richardandtracy said, I do recognize that barrel design but the furniture, I have never seen before.

#6 harlequin-RIH

harlequin-RIH

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:50

Reminds me of a cross between a Bulow and Jinhao, from specific elements like the clip, the bands, the over all shape and what seems like the weight (since it was mentioned that it's got a good bit of heft to it).

Sponsored Content

|