The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kop Mosaic Green

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:14

I have received a Sailor KOP Mosaic Green. The nib is B.

The package:
A typical KOP package. Great one at that. With a complimentary bottled Sailor black ink to boot.

The nib:
This is B. And from Sailor. Enough said. Super smooth. The line is not that fat. More like a medium from Pelikan or MB. With this nib, I can use it daily for note taking and journaling.

The size:
As a KOP, this is a full size pen. It fits in my right hand comfortably. I like the mid to large sized pen as it is difficult to keep a good hold on a small pen in my hand.

The filling system:
The sailor converter. Even though a converter is frowned upon, I find a converter in a KOP model has a sufficient ink capacity. I have piston, plunger and converter pens in my collection. I like them all.

The design:
Here, this KOP shines. There is a celluloid look to it. The following pictures worth a thousand words.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Pen2009, 20 January 2013 - 00:31.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

Sponsored Content

#2 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03

Thank you for your introduction of this pen. I also have this green pen with M nib.
I love the combination of this green and silver.

rokurinpapa

#3 WOBentley

WOBentley

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,314 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
This post contains 100% recycled electrons

#4 TMLee

TMLee

589 crafted ... one at a time ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:18

Beautiful !

I have the brown mosaic in the 1911M - a smallish pen but what I like about it best are the specks and fleckles of the body. It's quite a sight if you look closely.

Congrats. This one is a largish pen.

#5 Hex

Hex

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 13:47

A gorgeous pen. I wonder if they have that color in another model.
And here I thought I had my FPAD licked.
Hex, aka George

#6 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• 1,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 17:49

The Mosaic Green has always been the KOP I lusted after. Enjoy yours :)
Tamara

#7 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:29

great pen i love it.Mainly the shine of the mozaic is very nice.On the picture of the nib we see a blue reflexion on the nib i suppose it is a window or is it on the nib?
A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#8 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 22:34

great pen i love it.Mainly the shine of the mozaic is very nice.On the picture of the nib we see a blue reflexion on the nib i suppose it is a window or is it on the nib?

I am not sure what is reflecting off the nib in the picture above. The nib does not have any tint as this is a rhodium plated gold nib.
My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#9 Inguz

Inguz

or something

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 23:33

The colors are incredible. On to the list of pens out of my reach it goes.

#10 Mr. Sweet

Mr. Sweet

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Location:Hometown: Lake Oswego, OR, USA Current Location: Seoul, South Korea
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 00:03

Nice pen! Posted Image

#11 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• 2,813 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 00:11

What a beautiful pen. I love the look of the cap, without any rings.
The recent Fountain Pens Of Japan book shows all the four acrylic colours of the Profit King Mozaique.
Your photos really show off the lustrous nature of this acrylic material.
I have two of the smaller 1911 Profit Junior Mozaiques in Red & in Brown.
They are the only "fancy" pens I own.
*Sailor 1911-M, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Professional-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c.factory "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#12 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 00:16

and the mozaic on the 1911 looks as good?or is it less quality?it's because i love the appareance of the mozaic here but they cost a lot for my student budget and so i was asking myself if it wouldn't be bether to take the 1911 as it is a lot less money to give
A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#13 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• 2,813 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:19

Although both the 1911 & the KOP Mozaiques are similar in shape (balanced design), they are different in size & construction.
The smaller pen's barrel, like the Standard sized 1911 (& 1911-M), is built up from components. It appears the barrel of KOP Mozaique is one-piece, machined from a solid bar of acrylic resin, with the threads being gear cut.
On the 1911 Mozaiques, the threaded part next to the section is a black, cast resin add-on, separated by a decorative metal ring.
The KOP sports no cap-ring, while the 1911 has one thick ring on the rim of its cap (like Sailor demonstrators & some Sailor special edition pens).

I'd think that the KOP Mozaiques may be made with more precision, from specially selected acrylic bar stock. Their design is deceptively simple, yet beautiful.
You pay a premium for that.

If I could handle a pen of this imposing size (& price), I'd go for the Green one.

Edited by tinta, 20 January 2013 - 04:20.

*Sailor 1911-M, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Professional-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c.factory "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#14 Inkdependence

Inkdependence

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:42

Awesome.
My Blog: Inkdependence!

#15 Sblakers

Sblakers