Noodler's Lexington Gray

LostInBrittany

http://www.lostinbrittany.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/images/categories/lib_pens.png

Last week I received a pen that I had waited for a long time, a Noodler's Konrad Ebonite, and in the same parcel an ink I had wanted to test for a long time : Noodler's Lexington Gray.

I wanted to test both of them, so I loaded the Konrad with the Lexington and I began to write. The ebonite Konrad was wonderful, but I will review it another day, because today is the Lexington Gray that is reviewed.

It's a nice ink, really nice. The color reminds me of graphite pencil's color, it almost looks like pencil on paper. t's easy on eyes, less aggressive that a black, less bright than a blue and more original than a blue-black. An ink I think I will use a lot for daily note taking.

I was rather surprised by the ultra fast dry time, and by the good behaviour of this ink on almost any paper, specially on cheap paper. It's a great ink : bulletproof, fast drying, well behaved in any paper and a nice color, what else could you want?

As usual, I've also posted the review on my fountain pen blog.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bulbboy

• Inguz

• tnmike1

• CAG_1787

An ink review from the future! :blink: (It's still January 17 here) -and an excellent one at that :thumbup:

Edited by Titanic9990

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

What a good pen day you're having. I don't care for black ink (though I have 2 bottles of it mellow.gif) Lexington Gray looks like a good alternative...it's not quite as hard looking.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

Was excited to get a bottle of this for Christmas. I agree with all of your comments about its comparison's to blacks and blues. Definitely an excellent alternative to black ink (which will now be reserved for my italic calligraphy practice :thumbup: )

Assume no affiliation to recommendations.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc453/NoodlersCreaper/sig0001.jpg

Alternative Noodler's Ahab Nibs

"Free" Custom Fountain Pen Cases

I saw your post the other day and I was thinking "Why would anyone want gray ink?" But the more I looked at your handwriting the more intrigued I was!

Mine came in yesterday's mail and I absolutely love it (am I allowed to love ink?)

Thanks for the tip!

This look like a beautiful color. How would you compare it to Fuyu Syogun? Wondering since I already have the Pilot.

I have samples of both Lexington and Fuyu. Lexington is darker, doesn't shade as well and is bulletproof. I like both, but Fuyu is a bluish-type gray which is very close to a vintage Waterman Blue Black that I have, so for the price difference I'm sticking to Lexington for my gray ink.

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

Thank you for this review! I had this ink on my wish list for a while now (mostly cuz I wanted the free grey eyedropper pen that comes with the larger bottles). I also agree with what you said about the other main boring colors. & I just like grey. I'm going to match this ink with a grey nib creaper and a grey linen leuchtturm 1917 notebook, good for doodles. :)

"You know, fire is the leading cause of fire." -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

"Inflammable means flammable!?..." -Dr. Nick Riviera

I have samples of both Lexington and Fuyu. Lexington is darker, doesn't shade as well and is bulletproof. I like both, but Fuyu is a bluish-type gray which is very close to a vintage Waterman Blue Black that I have, so for the price difference I'm sticking to Lexington for my gray ink.

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Mike!

I have a bottle of Fuyu, but haven't given Lexington a go. In general, I really like Nooders' inks, especially the bulletproof variety. I think I might get the Lexington after this review. I love writing long letters to my father and the gray color gives them this great "aged" look, like it's something that's been kept in the family for generations. With Lexington being bulletproof, it'll be around forever. Fuyu isn't bulletproof, which for me, is it's greatest detriment.

Edited by roloughlin