#41 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2014 - 15:48

Since seeing this thread initially, I've now tried Take-sumi.  Haven't completely made up my mind about it.  It's not the "blackest" black on the planet (if that's what you're looking for).  It *is* an interesting color, though.  Kinda makes me think of vintage black velvet -- it's got a sort of softness to the color (if "soft black" makes any sense at all).  I'm not much for black inks to begin with, so I'm still weighing the pros and cons of getting a full bottle.  At the price of Iroshihzuku inks, I would have to absolutely adore it (the way I do Yama-budo and Yama-guri).  And I can't say that I do.  But I don't hate it either....

Yup, the Libra is out in full force -- the scales keep going back and forth (I can talk myself in -- or out -- of a lot of things...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#42 white_lotus

white_lotus

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2014 - 17:07

I've just ordered a bottle of this ink. I'm sure I'll like it.

#43 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:54

Since seeing this thread initially, I've now tried Take-sumi.  Haven't completely made up my mind about it.  It's not the "blackest" black on the planet (if that's what you're looking for).  It *is* an interesting color, though.  Kinda makes me think of vintage black velvet -- it's got a sort of softness to the color (if "soft black" makes any sense at all).  I'm not much for black inks to begin with, so I'm still weighing the pros and cons of getting a full bottle.  At the price of Iroshihzuku inks, I would have to absolutely adore it (the way I do Yama-budo and Yama-guri).  And I can't say that I do.  But I don't hate it either....
Yup, the Libra is out in full force -- the scales keep going back and forth (I can talk myself in -- or out -- of a lot of things...).
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

For me it's because it's not the blackest black I've ever used that is the main reason I like it. If you want the blackest black, my experience says Aurora black still. This Take-Sumi's beauty is in that hint of charcoal grey. For me anyway.
Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

#44 meilinpo

meilinpo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 14:44

Hi! I'm new to the world of fountain pens, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Vanishing Point.

What I am wondering is how the Iroshizuku take-sumi compares with Pilot/ Namiki's "standard" black fountain pen ink? The price difference is substantial, but if the difference in ink performance is equally great......

Edited by meilinpo, 23 October 2014 - 14:45.

[Sponsored Content]