• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• amantadine

• heymatthew

• WDP4BAAZ

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's just me but is anyone experiencing any skipping with their 1.5 stub nib? I recently purchased mine for my TWSBI mini and I am getting regular skipping which was something I was not expecting given the reviews I have read so far! I've tried it with a couple of inks so far (Diamine Graphite and Chocolate Brown - I only own Diamine inks currently) and on a range of paper (from terrible copy paper at work to my Rhodia refill pad I am using currently.

Did anyone have to make any adjustments prior to using their TWSBI stub nib? Or do you think it is my choice of ink that is the problem?

Thank you!

I've not had any skipping issues with the 1.5 nib. Perhaps others can chime in.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Not sure if it's just me but is anyone experiencing any skipping with their 1.5 stub nib? I recently purchased mine for my TWSBI mini and I am getting regular skipping which was something I was not expecting given the reviews I have read so far! I've tried it with a couple of inks so far (Diamine Graphite and Chocolate Brown - I only own Diamine inks currently) and on a range of paper (from terrible copy paper at work to my Rhodia refill pad I am using currently.

Did anyone have to make any adjustments prior to using their TWSBI stub nib? Or do you think it is my choice of ink that is the problem?

Thank you!

Have you flushed it out yet? TWSBI is pretty good about sending out clean pens, but it might be possible that your nib/pen was missed?

edit: you've changed inks, so that would necessitate cleaning out my pen... I really should read through posts a few times before I supply a suggestion.

Edited by awc

I still have Diamine Graphite in my mini 1.5 stub. Prior to changing inks I took the nib/feed apart, gave it a thorough clean and was incredibly pedantic when putting it all back together - it could be the time spent re-assembling the pen but I think the nib is working a bit better, but it still has trouble starting, takes a couple of strokes to get things going (and I have to press more firmly than with my TWSBI 1.1 stub nib in my Vac 700)

@dcpritch Thanks for the review!

What ink did you use in the Parker? It's gorgeous!

Glad you liked it!

The ink in the Parker used above is vintage Carter's Harvest Brown. I don't always do it, but I like to use inks from the same period as my pens, and I have found quite a few vintage inks that work quite well for that purpose. The oldest usable ink I have is about 90 years old, but my oldest pen is 120 years old - still looking for an age-appropriate ink for that one. :headsmack:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

David, I really enjoyed your review, and the philosophical discussion that followed. I love my Mini, and though it is a mere EF, it's still a lovely pen, so well made, and well thought-out.

Regarding stubs, I really find it amazing that TWSBI has been able to work through their various nib problems and, by all indication, now finally found a supplier who makes very good nibs for them. And at such an affordable price. On top of that, TWSBI is a not some aloof corporation but is deeply involved with the community, has fantastic one-person customer service in the US, and keeps innovating to bring us more fabulous products. They took a very mature (nearly dead) product and reinvented it. Yes, there are others, like Edison Pen Company, but Edison's pens are a completely different kind of pen, at least three times as expensive, and aimed at a different crowd.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

• 1 month later...

U have got really nice handwriting..

A very nice review..

Have a Twizbee Mini in EF and I completely enjoy it! I love the size, the piston filler and the diamond shapes. It's just a great pen that I wish wrote a wee bit wetter.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide a side by side comparison of the 1.1 mm and 1.5 mm stub italic for the TWSBI Mini. Trying to decide which one to get. I know that Goulet Pens has a very brief writing sample for these nibs, but I honestly can't tell the difference. Perhaps there is already a comparison posting on FPN? Thanks for any assistance.